• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly has been admitted- UD She's home!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I have noticed a over the last few days that Molly just wasn't right but I couldn't put my finger on why. She just seems to have aged overnight. She is 8 1/2 years old.

She had stopped eating hay but was still eating pellets and veggies. She was not drinking much and seemed to have forgotten where her litter tray was. Also her eyes were weepy.

Took her to see my wonderful bunny savvy vet this morning and she is concerned enough to admit her. She is dehydrated and will be given iv fluids. Half her gut feels doughy and the other half empty. She will also be having blood tests.

I am so worried that this is it for her. I am not ready to loose her just yet.

Any vibes you can share would be gratefully received.

Last edited:
I have noticed a over the last few days that Molly just wasn't right but I couldn't put my finger on why. She just seems to have aged overnight. She is 8 1/2 years old.

She had stopped eating hay but was still eating pellets and veggies. She was not drinking much and seemed to have forgotten where her litter tray was. Also her eyes were weepy.

Took her to see my wonderful bunny savvy vet this morning and she is concerned enough to admit her. She is dehydrated and will be given iv fluids. Half her gut feels doughy and the other half empty. She will also be having blood tests.

Aaaww ... Don't worry about losing her right now! She's going in for diagnostics and help, not to leave her there and never come home!
You've got to remain positive for her, just as if she were your child. She's a good age and I'm sure she's had a splendid life with you, so even if she's slowing down, have some hope of your future time with her, however long that may be :)

Loads and loads of ((((( vibes ))))) xxx

I am sure that Gill will do everything possible for Molly. I know that Molly is very, very special to you. Sending lots of vibes for her xx

Spoken to the vet. She says Molly has perked up a bit and is eating well. Blood tests came back saying that her calcium levels are too high so the vet is concerned she may have kidney stones or sludge so Molly will be having a scan in the morning. Even if there are no stones I am going to have to look carefully at her diet.

Huge vibes for Molly. I hope the vets do find what is wrong. .and that it is easily fixable. Xxx

Spoken to the vet. She says Molly has perked up a bit and is eating well. Blood tests came back saying that her calcium levels are too high so the vet is concerned she may have kidney stones or sludge so Molly will be having a scan in the morning. Even if there are no stones I am going to have to look carefully at her diet.

I'm glad Molly is eating well now. I hope the scans prove to be normal, but I agree, an overhaul of her diet is a very wise idea x

I'm glad that Molly is looking brighter. Hope all goes well with the scan tomorrow, wel'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for no stones or sludge. xx

Back