• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

found a physio for Otis/ First session today p9 So Happy!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I am so excited that we have found a physio who is so enthusiastic about helping Otis :) I feel like its half the battle won just to have a professional on side.

The lovely physio we used for Trevor had a baby so is no longer available. The physio our own vet uses has no experience with rabbits and we would have to travel to her practice many miles away.

This physio is based in Milton Keynes has experience and always sees rabbits in their own home :)

All I need to do now is get our vets to fill in the referral form when we take Otis in next week.

We are also hoping to get an acupuncture referral at the same time.

Otis has a physio appointment penciled in for may 5th which I am so looking forward to.

I am completely realistic that Otis may never walk again. But at the same time he loves life and wants to try so we will fight right along side him and see how far we get :)

Last edited:
I fell in love with Otis when I saw him on his bean bag and heat pad recently.

I'm so glad he's got a physio :D There seems to be something so strong and gentle about him!

Its so good when you find someone dedicated and enthusiastic isnt it?

I hope Otis goes from strength to strength.

He developed ec and can no longer walk :(

There are a few threads with photos if you search my most recent threads.

Thanks for asking :)

What a morning I am buzzing and exhausted at the same time!
Otis had his first physio session this morning and it was fantastic. The physio was just brilliant with him. She has a house rabbit of her own so is really enthusiastic to work with a bunny :)
Otis was absolutely amazing. He took to her straight away and as usual took everything in his stride. He had an electromagnetic mat to sit on and was given all sorts of massage and exercises. I have honestly never seen Otis so relaxed, he obviously enjoyed all the attention! He showed her his sling work and other exercises we have been doing which was all good. He also showed the physio just how well his bladder works on more than one occasion........ by the end the poor lady was massaging a wee sodden leg. He was freshly washed and blow dried at the start.

The physio was very positive, although realistic, about any improvement. She thinks there is a chance he could walk again. It will take months and months of hard work on both our parts but at least its something to aim for :) She was also really pleased with his overall condition given the level of his disability.

She feels hydrotherapy treadmill would be good for his level of disability but given he is a rabbit it is something we need to think long and hard about.

We also discussed getting him a wheelchair as his front legs are pretty strong and he so wants to run about when he is in an upright position. I think it would be great for his mental health, and if he is happy then his immune system will stay stronger and there will be less chance of relapse. So we are going to look in to that :)

Over all it was amazing :) It was great talking to someone so knowledgeable and she was very interested if what we do. I have exercises and massages to do with him until the next session. At least now I know exactly how far I can push and pull his legs. Im just so happy, and so proud of Otis :love:

Next stop acupuncture, next tuesday :)

Last edited:
What a wonderful update on Otis! I've been with bunnies (rescue) when they've had physio and their experiences varied a lot. Great you've got someone very simpatico :thumb:

It makes such a big difference having a professional on your side and so positive too, what a great find :thumb:

I hope he goes from strength to strength :D

we had physio with a couple of our buns in the past - if the bun takes to it it does seem to make a difference. Gooseberry (very very bad tilt and cruved round) is really benefitting from accupuncture at the moment.

I didn't really realise physio/acupuncture were regular things for rabbits. Sounds amazing. I hope it works for Otis.

What a morning I am buzzing and exhausted at the same time!
Otis had his first physio session this morning and it was fantastic. The physio was just brilliant with him. She has a house rabbit of her own so is really enthusiastic to work with a bunny :)
Otis was absolutely amazing. He took to her straight away and as usual took everything in his stride. He had an electromagnetic mat to sit on and was given all sorts of massage and exercises. I have honestly never seen Otis so relaxed, he obviously enjoyed all the attention! He showed her his sling work and other exercises we have been doing which was all good. He also showed the physio just how well his bladder works on more than one occasion........ by the end the poor lady was massaging a wee sodden leg. He was freshly washed and blow dried at the start.

The physio was very positive, although realistic, about any improvement. She thinks there is a chance he could walk again. It will take months and months of hard work on both our parts but at least its something to aim for :) She was also really pleased with his overall condition given the level of his disability.

She feels hydrotherapy treadmill would be good for his level of disability but given he is a rabbit it is something we need to think long and hard about.

We also discussed getting him a wheelchair as his front legs are pretty strong and he so wants to run about when he is in an upright position. I think it would be great for his mental health, and if he is happy then his immune system will stay stronger and there will be less chance of relapse. So we are going to look in to that :)

Over all it was amazing :) It was great talking to someone so knowledgeable and she was very interested if what we do. I have exercises and massages to do with him until the next session. At least now I know exactly how far I can push and pull his legs. Im just so happy, and so proud of Otis :love:

Next stop acupuncture, next tuesday :)

Would you be able to do a GoFundMe for Otis's wheelchair, or his physio and acupuncture and promote it here on RU?

Back