• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ec hutch bleaching question

beki

Mama Doe
I needed to bleach the rabbit hutch on day 21, which was yesterday ( although I did miss a lapizole Dose earlier in the week and also a few weeks ago so I was going to lengthen the course slightly anyway) I was meant to do the first hutch bleach yesterday, but I had a stupidly long pregnancy related hospital appointment yesterday which meant my mum and toddler were home by the time I got back. Toddler and bleach are not a good combination and he likes to "help" with the bunnies. Is it ok if I bleach today (or tomorrow as its pouring with rain at the moment! And not being able to bend due to a large baby under my ribs I've got to sit on the patio). Will this make any difference if I were to continue to lapizole course for a further 7 days and bleach again next weekend? Thanks

Do I bleach the whole hutch or just where they wee? They don't wee upstairs and downstairs it's just the two trays and overspill from the trays, so I would probably just bleach the bottom if I don't really need to do the top.

Last edited:
Personally I would do it today and not lengthen the course. Weather forecast is for sunshine later :thumb:

Yes it's stopped raining now :) I'll give it a couple of hours for the patio to dry off then I'll do it. I will get the husband to entertain the toddler!

Back