• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Jessica and her Arthritis :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Jessica is 10 and she has arthritis in her hips :cry: She is on pain relief and unfortunately she is too much of a stress-head to tolerate acupuncture. As a result of her arthritis she has now developed a very sore hock :cry: This afternoon it completely broke down, blood everywhere :cry: Thankfully we managed to stop it eventually, I just hope she will keep the dressing on as there is literally nothing else to protect the bone :cry:

What a pretty dressing. Hope Jessica feels more comfortable now and that her sore hock starts to heel , poor girl x

Aww...the poor lass :( But her sock looks very fashionable and she wears it well. :love: I hope she will be a good girl and let it alone. (((((((((Vibes))))))))

I could've used some of that dressing material when Pip recently had a hock break open. Not to bone but it was rather nasty. She's okay to handle but gets stroppy afterwards. Mimzy's rear legs are worsening too and even his lovely floofy feets are begininng to wear thin, especially on the right side, though it's his left hip that's worse. :( He's going to need increased or alternate pain relief soon. :cry:

I feel for you and Jessica, Jane. Arthritis is an insidious disease for any animal for whom movement is akin to breathing. ((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))

Didn't Lady Lydia also have poorly hocks? I was thinking of her too this morning and hoping her kidneys were better. xxxxxxx

Aww...the poor lass :( But her sock looks very fashionable and she wears it well. :love: I hope she will be a good girl and let it alone. (((((((((Vibes))))))))

I could've used some of that dressing material when Pip recently had a hock break open. Not to bone but it was rather nasty. She's okay to handle but gets stroppy afterwards. Mimzy's rear legs are worsening too and even his lovely floofy feets are begininng to wear thin, especially on the right side, though it's his left hip that's worse. :( He's going to need increased or alternate pain relief soon. :cry:

I feel for you and Jessica, Jane. Arthritis is an insidious disease for any animal for whom movement is akin to breathing. ((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))

Didn't Lady Lydia also have poorly hocks? I was thinking of her too this morning and hoping her kidneys were better. xxxxxxx

Yes, she has chronic sore hocks. So with one thing an another she has a lot to cope with just now :cry:

Back