• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wilko Bunny treats

LupaFaelia

New Kit
Hi guys,
Just to let you know that the wilko bunny treats are no good, and they make your bunny sick. Now my bun usually has a very strict diet of hay and pellets and occasionally greens, but for Christmas I decided to get her a cereal bar. She was sick for a few days after eating it, and she slept a lot and was lethargic etc also her poo wasn't normal. She's fine now though, but I just want to warn you :p

I'm not sure about that brand but in general bunny treats sold are no good for bunnies at all, too full of additives and sugars which are no good for bunnies at all..

I hope little bun gets well soon x

It's awful, isn't it.. how they are allowed to market these things as healthy bunny treats.. I walk around them and away.. I use fresh / dried herbs / fenugreek crunchies as treats.. without RU I wouldn't have known . It is important to be reminded.

Best wishes to you and your Bun.. am so glad she's ok now x

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that brand but in general bunny treats sold are no good for bunnies at all, too full of additives and sugars which are no good for bunnies at all..

I hope little bun gets well soon x

:thumb:

I buy the Munching Sticks from Wilkinson's as they do not contain sugar or sugar beet and my girls love them. I don't buy cereal bars anyway as they contain stuff that rabbits shouldn't have, like seeds, not to mention they're generally stuck together with honey or similar which is bad for their teeth. I always read the ingredients before I buy any animal treats (I also have a hamster) and if they contain sugar or sugar beet they go back on the shelf.

It is a shame that these goods are allowed to be manufactured, but a lot of things are made and sold which are bad for humans too, like cigarettes etc. If there is a demand then they will be supplied whether it's good for you (or your pet) or not.

I always read the ingredients before I buy
I tend to do this with everything: I have a lot of vegan friends I often cater for and I like o think I'm aware of what I'm eating, using etc.! Wilko's is now a great place for things like this (I have bought toys and forage bags from there) but as with most animal supply stockists on the high street, care needs to be taken.

I never buy any kind of treat bar or biscuits. The only treats I will go for are treat hays and wilkos dandelion and green oat. Much more healthy and they snaffle it up. My mother in law wanted to get the buns a Christmas present and despite hubby telling her 'no junk' she still bought them both a stocking with yoghurt drops and cereal bars which has now all gone in the bin I'm afraid. I make my own treats with ground up pellets, banana and carrot, apple or herbs.

Back