• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to move into their bedroom?

I started bonding on the 20th of October. Lola (blind & hard of hearing) and Jack (gummy bunny) had initially a few issues, Lola was being aggressive/territorial towards Jack and he would not go anywhere near her. :roll:

They were in a 4ft by 4ft bonding pen and on the 27th of October they were upgraded to the bunny bedroom, around 8ft by 4ft. Unfortunately they only lasted 2 days in the bedroom as Lola was being aggressive towards Jack so they returned back into the kitchen and down to 4ft by 4ft on the 29th of October.

I am now seeing much more interaction between the couple. Lola is grooming Jack (its only taken 2 weeks :lol: ) and Jack is comfortable around Lola and he will happily groom her, eat with her, share the litter tray etc.

Would now be a good time to get the two back into the bunny bedroom? How much space should they have when they go upstairs? :wave:

A little photograph of the pair of them :love:

They are gorgeous :love: I would say the longer the better before you move them, when you do move them I would make sure you neutralise the bedroom first. And I would give them the same amount of space when you do move them, I would set up the bonding pen in the bedroom and leave them in that until they have settled, at least 48 hrs but preferably longer after any chasing etc. then I would expand the space in there gradually. Moving them or expanding space often seems to trigger off chasing etc.

They are gorgeous :love: I would say the longer the better before you move them, when you do move them I would make sure you neutralise the bedroom first. And I would give them the same amount of space when you do move them, I would set up the bonding pen in the bedroom and leave them in that until they have settled, at least 48 hrs but preferably longer after any chasing etc. then I would expand the space in there gradually. Moving them or expanding space often seems to trigger off chasing etc.

I second this - try not to rush things .

Wonderful advice given, just wanted to say how gorgeous they both are :love: and send vibes for a good bond :)

Thank you all so much, I think last time it was too much space that caused the issues so it makes sense to keep them the same size upstairs initially so its not 2 huge changes at once! Wish I'd thought of that sooner :lol:

Back