• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flooring

maria71

New Kit
Hi my bunnies are indoors at the min as they both had their op on Thursday , I was told they were both boys but one turned out to be a girl but hey ho that's another story .... My question is as they have been indoors I have done a deep clean on their hutch and run and wondered if it would be ok to put carpet tiles on their top level ( they have a double hutch) as its on a slight down hill and they slide across when they are in the what I call lounge area of the run . So my thinking was if I put some carpet tiles down they would have some grip ... Whats peoples thoughts.... Also do you use sawdust on the floor or newspaper or something else. At present I am using saw dust have tried newspaper but they just rip it up ..
Thanks
Maria

You can put carpet tiles down, but buns could chew, pee on, or get sore hocks, so you need to watch out.

Textured lino is good for the floor areas and also provides a bit of grip and is easy to clean.

Sawdust can be bad for bunnies respiratory systems so that is not the best to use. If you get Lino then a layer of hay then that usually works well :)

definitely lino, and then if you want a more traditional bedding, something like fitch is good. then lots of hay aswell. :wave:

Back