• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

wild or domestic baby bunny

DavidCummings

Young Bun
Hi all
We have been brought a very young baby rabbit we are unsure of if it is a domestic or wild
it is jet black glossy coat
It's ears are thick and uniform but not yet open flat to its head
It's moving around and was crying so we fed it using kitten milk. Which it lapped up off my hand and via the syngiue
It's not scared of us at all in fact it seems more disturbed when we leave it alone

We aren't expecting it to make the night

Best photo I could get

11.jpg

Yes, I'd guess domestic. Ask around locally and see if anyone is missing one, it could be a cat caught it.

Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like the eyes are just opening which would put it at about 10 days.

Keep up with the kitten milk, it will need to feed more often than on mums milk so as much as it will feed about 4 times a day.

Hi all,
Despite taking several feeds and being quite lively up until 7am, I just checked on him (assuming it's a male) and clear liquid came out of his rear. He wasn't moving and was cold despite having lots of warm things to cuddle into. I haven't been able to get any response or movement out of him. I can't see him breathing.

It appears little Jet has just passed away.

Hope we didn't do anything wrong for him.

perhaps Jet was away from Mamma bun too long.

Hope he can go over the rainbow bridge and binky with all the others we have lost and perhaps he will meet my little Coco. I'm just sorry little one we could help you fight. Sleep tight little baba xx

Thanks for everyone's assistance I'm sure Jet is than full!

Crushing, I'm so sorry. Binky free little tiny Jet. At least your last hours were warm and someone loved you xx

Binky free Jet. At least you had a name and were nice and warm and safe.

Well done for trying to help this little one, David.

x

Back