• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bunny shed is up!

Micky93

Young Bun
So the bunnies have been in their new accommodation for 3 days/nights. They absolutely adore it! It took them a day to really get used to the space, but now they are so happy and have become even more playful and snuggly. Poppy also has started begging for attention, and if I am putting in fresh hay/cleaning the trays/anything else not involving her then she follows me around with a toy, or starts pawing my leg for nose rubs :love:

Anyway, it's a 6ftx4ft shed. Currently they have their 5ft long hutch inside with the door permanently opened so they can choose to go in their if it gets a little cold. Come august they are being treated to a gorgeous purple bunny den (converted dog kennel) courtesy of a very talented member on here, and the big hutch will come out then. As such, it's not he best layout but they are adoring it so I'm happy :D

I painted it in cuprinol seagrass and country cream. The inside is completely country cream. I laid self adhesive lino tiles on the floor.

(Currently got a baby gate blocking the door, with the hutch divider & opened door blocking the gate. Hppefully will be making a mesh door next month, and as such the shed door is not left open with them inside without someone stood there)

Last edited:
Lovely :love: My shed will be repainted in those colours to match my other buns hutch and run, can't wait and I'm even more excited because I made a bunny stencil for the door :oops: :lol:

:love:... Looking good!,!!!,!

I would say though that i had a similar arrangement at my shed door at one point and my bunnies managed to get on the hutch roof and nearly escaped over the wee fence I had put up..

I reckon if the door was left open, there could be a bunny making a bit for freedom on the hutch roof!!!

Is a lovely wee space though! X

Looking very good.

I would be tempted to put in a few shelves for the buns to sit on, too. Once everything is sorted, that is. :thumb: My buns adore sitting up on shelves or windowsills etc.

Back