• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Chrissy sneezing, snuffles?

Tonya

Alpha Buck
Hey all,

I am not quite familiar with snuffles :roll:

Chrissy has this problem for 2 weeks already!. First I went to a vet nearby cause our usual one is on maternity leave and the clinic is very far..She sneezes, has some white mucus going out of her nose. She eats and behaves like usual. The vet gave us some eye cream and told us to apply it for 10 days. The sneezing/mucus decreased as she was treated, but came back with full force rignt after medication stopped :(. Two days ago, she sneezed all night long and I got so worried, I arranged that the other bunny savvy vet from the clinic of my usual one sees her. She is good too, she did her dental 1 year ago and Chrissy still eats like a piggy :) She did X rays, she flushed her tear ducts and we looked at the X rays (first let's mention her front teeth are removed). Nothing wrong with the lungs, but she has some mucus /infection where her front teeth roots were. The doctor couldn't say what exactly it was but obviously the place didn't look clear. She prescribed metacam, and antibiotical eye drops, plus some nose drops (it's a real challenge to put them on!). One of her tearducts seems to be clogged too:(:(

Guys, do you have any advice on something I could do?

The doctor didin't prescribe any antibiotics to give her except the drops, does it seem logical?

She told me to go back in 10 days and if things deteriorate, to call.

I have no advice, but want to send wishes for a speedy recovery for your little bun xx

Thank you! It's a torture to see her having such a hard time breathing at times..... I hope her nose will be fine and she'll breathe freely soon!

My medical knowledge is poor to non-existant but would it be an idea to get them to take swabs from her nose and send them off to find exactly what bacteria are present and what can be used to treat?

My medical knowledge is poor to non-existant but would it be an idea to get them to take swabs from her nose and send them off to find exactly what bacteria are present and what can be used to treat?

I thought about it too-I'll suggest it to my vet.

I thought I'll buy some herbs that will do her good, what do you think, some mint for example? Lately the leafy thing I give her are parsley/strawberry leaves.

Back