• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The dangers of bunny proofing...

tashp90

Warren Veteran
zymy9yde.jpg

Ouch.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's quite a scratch! Have you put some Sudocrem on it?
Haven't put anything on it yet, about to give it a good wash first. The top one is more like a graze, I can see it starting to bruise, and there's scratches lower down. Got a few bruises on my legs too. Maizie and Daisy just sat munching herbs looking at me :roll:

Ouch :cry: were you attacked by weldmesh?
No, I fell over the puppy gate I have across my living room door. I had two bags of shopping, two rabbits in my way and lost balance. Maizie and Daisy just ran to the shopping bags to eat the herbs :roll:

Ouch, hope they heal soon!

Sorry, I had to laugh at maisy and daisy just eating the herbs :lol:
I'd just bought them and basically threw them across the room, you can imagine how happy that made them!

No, I fell over the puppy gate I have across my living room door. I had two bags of shopping, two rabbits in my way and lost balance. Maizie and Daisy just ran to the shopping bags to eat the herbs :roll:

Oh no :cry: they probably thought if they ate them it would save you cleaning them up :lol:

Oh no :cry: they probably thought if they ate them it would save you cleaning them up :lol:
I know my girls well enough to know they just thought they were in heaven, or Christmas had come early and food was falling from the sky :lol:

God I know this feeling too well :shock: I am constantly falling over blessed bunny partitions ..

Your cuts look awful. I hope they don't sting too much :love:

God I know this feeling too well :shock: I am constantly falling over blessed bunny partitions ..

Your cuts look awful. I hope they don't sting too much :love:
I'm always hitting my knees, this is the first time I've fallen!

They're stinging a bit, my shin is all bruised as well :roll: wish I could use an opening gate but I'm afraid they'll squeeze through the gaps :(!

I'm always hitting my knees, this is the first time I've fallen!

They're stinging a bit, my shin is all bruised as well :roll: wish I could use an opening gate but I'm afraid they'll squeeze through the gaps :(!

I had the same problem, so attached some 1/2" wire mesh. Just had to cover the sharp edges. So much better now that I don't have to constantly step over the gate anymore. Though sometimes I forget the gate opens and start to step over :lol:

I had the same problem, so attached some 1/2" wire mesh. Just had to cover the sharp edges. So much better now that I don't have to constantly step over the gate anymore. Though sometimes I forget the gate opens and start to step over :lol:
I didn't think of that! might have to look into that when I've bonded them into a trio! I wouldn't attempt to step over as I'm too short :lol: would make life so much easier though!

We just cable tied some mesh panels to the baby gates as literally two seconds after putting it up Nutmeg went straight through. They were from a hamster pen set that I was planning on using to mesh round under my bed years ago but they were the wrong size for that but I kept them cos I thought they'd come in handy eventually and they did. Or for the bigger gate on the stairs we used NIC panels. Both work a treat, the smaller gates don't get used much now though!

We just cable tied some mesh panels to the baby gates as literally two seconds after putting it up Nutmeg went straight through. They were from a hamster pen set that I was planning on using to mesh round under my bed years ago but they were the wrong size for that but I kept them cos I thought they'd come in handy eventually and they did. Or for the bigger gate on the stairs we used NIC panels. Both work a treat, the smaller gates don't get used much now though!
I'm looking at all sorts to attach to it, fabric, plastic, plywood etc :lol: it makes more sense as Marble can jump over the puppy gate if she wants too, and it will mean no more climbing over obstacles for me once they've bonded :lol: I'm not sure if Marble will fit through, but Maizie and Daisy definitely would!

Back