• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best sheet wood for hutch floors?

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
I am looking at building hutches into my shed. There's so many choices of sheet wood. Am I right in thinking 9m or higher would be best? It would be covered with lino for easy cleaning.

It doesn't matter too much if you are covering it, avoid mdf as that goes funny if it gets wet at all. Ply board is the normal one. Inside a shed you don't need it to stand up to predators just the weight of a bunny.

I would say it depends how much support you are giving the base and how big an area it is. If it's got support bars going across underneath then you can go thinner than if you've got, for example, a 6'x2' piece with no support in the middle. Also depends on your bunnies too - a couple 6kg giants weigh a lot more than two 2kg bunnies.

I am looking at building hutches into my shed. There's so many choices of sheet wood. Am I right in thinking 9m or higher would be best? It would be covered with lino for easy cleaning.

Hi
9mm WBP ply is what you need to ask for.
A decent timber yard would also offer to cut it to size for you.
Hope this helps.
Good luck on your build and don't forget to show us all when it's finished :)

Back