• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Desperate vibes for Lola

runhardlivelong

Warren Scout
Lola lost Ralph unexpectedly last week whilst he was under GA. She hadn't been right since but lost the plot this weekend. She stopped eating which meant I drove from Manchester to Liverpool to see the emergency vet (had been there burying Ralph).
The vet agreed and thought we should treat for stasis. Since that point she has ate a tiny bit of parsley and banana and that's it. Back to the vet today and she said she needed to be admitted. She sedated her too look at teeth (normal) and loading her with fluids. Should get her back tonight.

I'm a complete wreck and have sobbed every time I've gone to the vets at the thought of loosing her.

Oh I'm so sorry! What a terribly worrying time, not to mention you are still grieving for Ralph.:'(

Lots of good vibes, thoughts and prayer to you and Lola x

Sending mega vibes for Lola. The fluids will help I'm sure, hope shes home & eating soon, hugs x

Lola has been home since last night. Overnight she are a tiny bit of parsley. I took her back this morning for a feel of her tummy and the vet thinks it's a bit better but still not out of the woods.

I'm a doctor and meant to be on nights tonight. I've rung them up and told them I can't come. I think it's going to come down on me big style....

Glad that Lola has improved a bit overnight, how's she been this evening, anymore munching happening?

Work can be a nightmare at times like this as you want/need to keep an eye on them (makes me appreciate working for myself even more) I hope that they go easy on you.

Top up vibes x

I hope she is feeling better.

Do you have a cuddly toy that you could put in with her for company. I did this with one of mine and she would groom it so it gave her some comfort.

Back