• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lapizole addiction??

Lol, I think people who don't know what lapizole is think its something your are taking and have gotten addicted too.

For people who don't know, Lapizole is a common worming medication and used to treat EC.

Its flavored with aniseed which rabbits go crazy for.

Its the aniseed isn't it? They love it!

I know what Lapizole is! Just didn't know what the circumstances you are describing might be! :D

I know what Lapizole is! Just didn't know what the circumstances you are describing might be! :D

Ha! Just realised how it reads! Not me :oops:

My OH seems to think that Dangermouse is actually addicted to it as she goes so crazy for it so thinks we should wean her off it instead of just stopping. I just wondered if anyones buns had been addicted or if it's a common thing :? I'm not so sure she is addicted tbh

I suspect it's less to do with addiction and more to do with the fact that she likes it! If you opened a big bag of sweets for a group of children at the same time every day, they'd soon learn to come running and beg at that time of day, and would be terribly grumpy if it didn't happen! It doesn't mean they're addicted, it just means that they like it a lot :lol:

I wish I could get lapizole in my country, I've heard that rabbits like the taste better than panacur. I tried really hard to get some imported but it wouldn't go through customs, which is silly because fenbendazole is over the counter. Its so hard when you have several bunnies and you need to treat them for 28 days and they don't like it, its really hard work.

I wish I could get lapizole in my country, I've heard that rabbits like the taste better than panacur. I tried really hard to get some imported but it wouldn't go through customs, which is silly because fenbendazole is over the counter. Its so hard when you have several bunnies and you need to treat them for 28 days and they don't like it, its really hard work.

I can imagine how hard that must be, even though she loves it, when she was having Emeprid and Baytril at the same time I was soaking 3 or four pellets, squishing them down and then mixing the meds in with them to make it less stressful for her than trying to force feed her (they both HATE baytril).

Back