• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Dillon has passed away :( his bonded pair daisy is now alone advice :( xxxx

Kelly11

Warren Scout
Hi everyone .... I lost my gorgeous little boy today ...... Over the past month we have had ups and downs but today he deteriorated bad .... We sent him emergency vets by unfortunately hi had a seizure and passed away xxxxx I did everything I could this past month for him and would do it all again xxxx

He had a bonded pair daisy and I'm worried about her now :( does anyone have any advice for a rabbit who has lost their partner ?

Thank you xxxxxxx

binky free little man :( i would get her a new partner at some point in the near future. sorry for your loss xx

:cry: I'm so very sorry. Binky free Dillon

I haven't been in this situation myself before, but my advice would be to at some point look for a partner for Daisy, you could try at nearby rescues to see if they have any suitable bunnies, they may bond them for you. In the meantime I'm sure she will be getting lots of attention from you and you could try giving her a soft toy to snuggle and groom so long as she doesn't chew it xx

thank you i miss him so much but he had an amazing 6 and a half years and was never ill up untill this last month - why is it so sudden in bunnies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you shes a brave girl and is very adventerous there outside bunnies but weve brought her inside to make sure shes not alone

god i cant stop drying :( xxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry you lost your bunny :cry:.

I've had experience of bereaved bunnies and I usually keep a close watch on them, give them something to snuggle with, as has been mentioned above, and then start to look for a partner. Bunnies who've been in a partnership are usually quiet when they lose their other half and may have a decreased appetite :(. I don't normally leave it more than a couple of weeks before trawling through all the rescue pages for a new partner, but every bunny is different so you have to make a judgement call on that one.

aawww so sorry Kelly.. he is now binkying free with my Daisy:( I hope your Daisy is ok.. i am looking to get my Dylan a friend as he looks so lonely

im sure hell say hi to daisy :) shes ok im going to see how the next few days go....weve brought the hutch inside though and got her runnign abou the house hehe so shes with ppl and not outside on her own xxxxxx

hows ur dylan? how old is he? we are thinking of getting another bun but want to see how she is first xxx

Back