• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much?

<3jackyboy<3

Young Bun
Hello, I have a fully grown cross breed male rabbit who is 2.1kgs, and a female 17 week old lionhead
I was wondering if anyone could roughly tell me how much pellets they each should be receiving? :)
Thank you! Xxx

Last edited:
Hello, I have a fully grown cross breed male rabbit who is 2.1kgs, and a female 15 week old lionhead
I was wondering if anyone could roughly tell me how much pellets they each should be receiving? :)
Thank you! Xxx

The generally recommended amount for an adult is an eggcupful. At 15 weeks your doe should have more, but not sure of exact amount - perhaps double that - and then very gradually decrease at 6 months.

What brand of pellets and what are you feeding alongside that? If you are feeding higher protein pellets you'll need less, likewise if you feed a lot of veggies or alfalfa. An egg cup per bun per day is a very good place to start then monitor their weight and see if you need to go up or down a little.

:)

What brand of pellets and what are you feeding alongside that? If you are feeding higher protein pellets you'll need less, likewise if you feed a lot of veggies or alfalfa. An egg cup per bun per day is a very good place to start then monitor their weight and see if you need to go up or down a little.
She is P@H nuggets (to be weaned off)
He is on SS MATURE
:) x

Back