• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shed has been agreed, binkys new house!

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
When we moved into this house about 10 years ago now (where did that time go?! :shock: ) our house already had a conservatory, a garage and a shed in the corner all built out of brick.
The shed is 8 x 6 and is at least 6ft tall.

if you saw my thread about trying to find binky another cage cheap...well, it was right in front of my eyes!
The shed is currently full of car parts from my dads work, but they are going on ebay and when thats empty it begins!

We're going to put a mesh door on that goes inwards and leave the original door, then we're going to put her hutch in the back with the door constantly open and the bedroom compartment shut just so she has somewhere warm to snuggle up.

And then we're going to build a floating level with a ramp in it like bella has in her shed, giving her even more floor space!

Im so happy, the answer was right in front of my eyes all along!
She is going to be a veryyy happy bunny!

The only downside is all the spiders that have taken over the current "storage shed" I think my dad will get them!

Ill post photos once the shed is empty and along the way, this shed is almost square and bellas is more of an oblong so its thinner but longer, so it will be diffrent doing the shed up, so if anyone has any good ideas like them ikea lack tables then please, tell me :lol:

Binky will love it, I can already see her hopping on and under her ikea lack table, running around the ramp and binkying!

Does anyone also know what I can put around the level to stop her falling off? It wont be really high, maybe 2ft at the most- but she will be so excited to have a massive cage and to keep her old one with her that I can see her getting over excited and falling :lol:

Congratulations if you got this far;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That sounds great :D

You could probably put a small border fence along the side of the shelf.

Ooh thats a good idea!
Where do you get the natrual ones though?
Im pretty sure she will destroy them but while she settles in they will do :lol:

How do you attach them too?

Ooh thats a good idea!
Where do you get the natrual ones though?
Im pretty sure she will destroy them but while she settles in they will do :lol:

How do you attach them too?

could you post photos of the shelf as it is at the moment?
I'm not exactly sure, my (rather high) shelf has no barrier :oops:
I suppose another choice would be to make a mesh and wood panel (like a run panel) and attach that?

could you post photos of the shelf as it is at the moment?
I'm not exactly sure, my (rather high) shelf has no barrier :oops:
I suppose another choice would be to make a mesh and wood panel (like a run panel) and attach that?

It hasnt been built yet :lol:
The shed is still full of stuff thay we're going to clear out next weekend, then it will be cleaned, a mesh door made and then we will make the level, but it will probably be made the same as bellas - but hers is higher because she can be trusted :lol:
The level will either go ontop of her hutch we're putting in there or on a completely diffrent wall so it will be about 3ft high and just made out of wood like bellas!:)

It hasnt been built yet :lol:
The shed is still full of stuff thay we're going to clear out next weekend, then it will be cleaned, a mesh door made and then we will make the level, but it will probably be made the same as bellas - but hers is higher because she can be trusted :lol:
The level will either go ontop of her hutch we're putting in there or on a completely diffrent wall so it will be about 3ft high and just made out of wood like bellas!:)

oh of course, sorry! I've been trying to reply to a few of the unanswered threads and got confused :oops:
If the shelf is made of wood you could probably just screw a barrier directly in to the shelf and possibly in to the upright baton at the end if it lines up there.
If you had a fence type barrier I'd probably screw through the bottom of the fence, straight in to the edge of the shelf. If it was a run panel type barrier I'd probably screw through the bottom edge of the panel, in to the top of the shelf.
I hope that makes sense :lol:

oh of course, sorry! I've been trying to reply to a few of the unanswered threads and got confused :oops:
If the shelf is made of wood you could probably just screw a barrier directly in to the shelf and possibly in to the upright baton at the end if it lines up there.
If you had a fence type barrier I'd probably screw through the bottom of the fence, straight in to the edge of the shelf. If it was a run panel type barrier I'd probably screw through the bottom edge of the panel, in to the top of the shelf.
I hope that makes sense :lol:

It does make sense, thanks!

Its difficult with binky because she chews everything :lol:
I dont think ill use a run type pannel because I have just enough mesh to do the door, so I think ill screw the mini fencing things on and then hope when she destorys them and when I un screw them they dont look too bad :lol:
Its onlt a saftey precaution incase she trys to test it out in the first few weeks :lol:

Back