• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty Spayed Doe

Hey Guys,
I have a little Polish x Netherland Dwarf rabbit which I adopted from my work last June. She's always been a bit feisty, and she was spayed in August. Since then, her behaviour seems to be getting worse and worse. She's an indoor bunny so lives in my bedroom, but she breaks out of her cage constantly, and when I go to pick her up (I always stay at her height to pick her up) she strikes at me, and has bit me many times. I was trimming her nails tonight and had her wrapped in a blanket so to keep under guards, and she started going crazy after about five minutes. I'm leaving for uni in September so my mum wants to take full charge of her when I go, but I want to try and tame her a little before then. Any tips/advice? She's about a year old and came from a very aggressive owner beforehand.

No, she has a large cage and the run of the upstairs of the house. She also has a run for outside in the garden that she goes into during most days.

Does she behave in this way when she has been confined to her cage, or does she have constant free-range?

What size is the cage? I found that no size cage was good enough for one my buns and he was very aggressive because he hated being in any kind of cage. It may be that she will have to be free range 24/7. A friend may help, too. :thumb:

Back