• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

New/Old Bunnies

NuttyFlopsy

New Kit
Hi I hope you can help.

I got my first rescued Flopsy (male, approx 2.5 years old) a dwarf lopeared bunny about 6 months ago as a rescue from a friend who had cancer. Flopsy was a mix of indoor and out door rabbit and settled really well with good toilet habbits etc.

A week ago I got Nutmeg (male, 3 years old) from a friend who lived in a small flat and just had a baby.

I knew that we would potentially have a bit of settling problems but I kept them apart and slowly intruduced them to each other. They seemed to get on really well oddly apart from trying to hump each other but I expected that. The humping calmed down and now they seem like best friends following each other round and running around the best buddies.

However, they both appeared to suddenly start pooping everywhere they go. I think with my first rabbit (Flopsy) its probably just him trying to mark territory but the second rabbit (Nutmeg) is weeing and pooping everywhere he goes.

Neither of them have been castrated something I think I will be doing, but is there behavior just marking of territory or are could it be a sign of incontinence?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards
Trudy

Yes they are just marking territory :wave: it should stop in a couple of weeks, when they've settled down. You definitely need to get them both castrated though, asap, as two un neutered males are likely to start fighting. You are quite lucky that they haven't already! Are they both definitely male?

They are having a bit of a battle as to whose territory it is which will lead to a fight unfortunately so please keep them separate.

Back