• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We're in! Newly bonded bunnies move to their room

Jesselle

Mama Doe
A dismantled daybed, Zoozone 2 relocation (one of my hams), cleaning and relocation of Neville and Susie's pen later, they're in their new room!

They were very good in the carrier (move was between floors) and have settled fine so far. No silly business at all. They'll be in their 6x2 pen for now. I've actually got to work out how I'm going to have them living in this room! Litter trays are the next step, that has to be sorted before they can start venturing past the lino lol. Neville is very clean but Susie keeps peeing on the fleece!

Fingers crossed they remain peaceful in the new room :) I've been so fortunate that these two have settled and made friends, it's only really been a week since they met.

Hopefully hen Susie sees Neville using the litter tray she will follow suit. I am so happy for them!

Oh thats great. What do you need to work out about their living space?

Is it Susie's wee habbits? If so you could give them two litter trays each and take out the soft furnishings for a while???

Also, what kind of hamsters do you have and can we please see pictures of them?

Oh thats great. What do you need to work out about their living space?

Is it Susie's wee habbits? If so you could give them two litter trays each and take out the soft furnishings for a while???

Also, what kind of hamsters do you have and can we please see pictures of them?

Hi :) I need to work out how it's going to work with these guys. Neville used to live downstairs in the living room and kitchen. He had access to the house and was closed in the living room and kitchen at night. With the new room, I'm wondering how to arrange it in terms of protecting the room (pen against walls and lino) and also perhaps using the pen or a safety gate to restrict access to the landing but to not shut them away. Don't think I explained properly but anyway.

Susie's peeing is not good lol. I gave them a 70x45cm tray today and she pees in it and out of it lol. They're sharing nicely though.

I did a post a while back on my hams :) I have in age order, a p@h adoption robo who's coming up to 2 yrs 4 months, a gumtree rescue hybrid (my heart ham, he's bonded with me lol) who's 2 yrs 2 months, a pure winter white who's 1 yr 5 months and another gumtree rescue robo who's 1 yr 2 months :)

well... after being worried that neville was going to break his teeth due to his incessant chewing and pulling at the pen, i decided to try them out with a little exploring. i understand that this is not necessarily sensible but i went on what i'd seen from these two and they have been fine. they've only had 20 mins each time they've been exploring.

neville was very excited and was his usual self, getting into and onto everything. susie was cautious, but looked happy to be exploring!

spot neville :roll:

again, neville is climbing the walls!

Back