• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
I currently have a pair, and three singles. One of my single girls hates every other living thing on this earth though, so we'll take her out of the equation. :lol:

My pair were, from October to November, bonded with my other single girl. All went well till bonfire night when the fireworks scared them (they were inside but housemates thought it would be funny to set off rockets outside my window. Yeah:censored:) and they had a fight and wouldn't rebond. They haven't seen each other since then.

I then adopted my single boy, Teddy, as a partner for the single girl. I was going to bond them in a few weeks. My dad has said that when I move home from uni in April, he'll build me an aviary style set up... but we don't have LOADS of space and if I have to split it into three it'll be even smaller. Would you try and bond a group of four? The main reason my trio wouldn't rebond is that Wotsit didn't want to share Pudding (the male) with Cupcake (his original partner). If there is an equal dynamic of two males and two females... do you think it might be more likely to work? Would you attempt it?

I'm only really thinking about it as if it was successful they'd have much more space, but I'm not sure. Hmmmm.

Doo it doo it do it do it :D

I would try, but then I'm going for a trio so full of bonding positivity at the moment :D

I think it would be risky as you could end up with 5 singles instead of 3! If they did bond into a group of 4 would you split the aviary into 2 for the group and the single? I don't know if that may cause problems for a newly bonded group to see/smell another rabbit?

ETA I'm certainly not a bonding expert these are just my musings!

I think it would be risky as you could end up with 5 singles instead of 3! If they did bond into a group of 4 would you split the aviary into 2 for the group and the single? I don't know if that may cause problems for a newly bonded group to see/smell another rabbit?

ETA I'm certainly not a bonding expert these are just my musings!

No the aviary would be for the group and then I would do something separate for Nahla, or try and have her as a housebun :)

I'm no expert :oops: I've only done the one bond (2 pairs into a quad) but if it was me I would try it and if things didn't look good shelve the idea quickly before any relationships have chance to break down between the existing pair. That's what I did with my quad but thankfully for me it was plain sailing :love: would it be in the summer, after spring fever time? And that's great your Dad is going to build an aviary set up :thumb:

I would go for it. After the summer is best so there arent so many hormones flying about.

Back