• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brushing a nervous bunnie

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Cinna is really not very keen on being brushed or stroked. :(

I know I've only had them three days but both Katniss and Prim are happy being brushed and stroked whilst eating. I'm going to do a few days more of this before starting to pick them up just so as they are really confident with me.

But Cinna just isn't and runs away from me :( how can I help her gain confidence as she really needs to be brushed :(

All three are happy being hand fed though and I've brought Cinna lots of extra toys as she's the most playful of the three and she is using them all :)

Just be patient and keep trying.....although some bunnies just don't like human interaction!

My Herbie is still a nervous wreck at times and I have had him for nearly 4 years!

Hi yes keep going my two wouldn't come near us for weeks but we kept bringing food closer n closer until they would jump on our laps for a nibble on something. Then when stroking I'd stroke to bum n tum as well sort of in positions to pick up so they were used to those touches before attempting to lift them off the ground I waited about 2months before picking my two up. Hope this helps

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice, did manage a little brush as shut her in the bedding area and she hid but I could brush her body which she needs as she's moulting badly.
I so want her to trust me and not be scared as I know she was ok with the rescue owner picking her up, fussing and brushing her. I guess it's just a matter of being patient.

Back