• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bad start to the day :( UD POST 41

marchi1990

Mama Doe
I went to feed Woody this morning and he was clearly unwell. He was hunched up - no interest in food, shaking, not moving.

Rushed him to the vets where I was told he needed an emergency dental (second this year). He is there now, op not till about 4 though :cry:

BAD BAD DAY.

Last edited:
Poor woody.....poor you! :oops: I know how much he means to you......I've told everyone at the vets that he's my friends rabbit and he's precious so he needs to be classed as a VIR (very important rabbit ;))

I know they will do all they can for him.......I truly hope he pulls through. I'm in tomorrow so if he's still in, I'll pop in to give him some gentle nose rubs :love:

Poor woody.....poor you! :oops: I know how much he means to you......I've told everyone at the vets that he's my friends rabbit and he's precious so he needs to be classed as a VIR (very important rabbit ;))

I know they will do all they can for him.......I truly hope he pulls through. I'm in tomorrow so if he's still in, I'll pop in to give him some gentle nose rubs :love:

That's so sweet!

Sending lots of vibes and nose rubs to woody! Hope he is home soon xx

Poor Woody :( I live in fear of this happening to mine, it's so upsetting that so many bunnies struggle with their teeth :( it would be great if there was a one off simple treatment :(

I hope woody feels better soon and that the dental goes well

Thank you Kel - you are such a sweetheart :love: He will be pleased to hear he is a VIR!!

And thank you everyone for you well wishes. I will keep this thread updated.

:(:(:(

I just called to see how things are going ...

He is refusing to eat anything despite the gut-stimulants and pain-relief. They are very worried about him. Apparently he is sat hunched - not happy at all.

They asked me about all his favourite foods which I told them.

They are syringe feeding him because they want his gut to get moving before the dental later.

Freaking out. :cry::cry::cry:

:(:(:(

I just called to see how things are going ...

He is refusing to eat anything despite the gut-stimulants and pain-relief. They are very worried about him. Apparently he is sat hunched - not happy at all.

They asked me about all his favourite foods which I told them.

They are syringe feeding him because they want his gut to get moving before the dental later.

Freaking out. :cry::cry::cry:

Oh god.......syringe feeding isn't the nicest thought BUT it saved willows life, he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that, let's hope it starts everything going

Come in woody......RU is counting on you to pull through :wave:

Sending lots and lots of vibes for Woody. Really hope he takes the syringe food well and perks him up a bit xxx

Woody is home :thumb: he came home late last night.

His dental went well. He stayed inside last night and wasn't really interested in food. Gradually, he is eating a little more (bit of herbs, some strawberry plant tops - no pellets yet). He has produced some poops and LOTS of wee!!

Glad it went well and sounds as if he if he is heading in the right direction with his eating. Keep the munching up Woody!

Woody is home :thumb: he came home late last night.

His dental went well. He stayed inside last night and wasn't really interested in food. Gradually, he is eating a little more (bit of herbs, some strawberry plant tops - no pellets yet). He has produced some poops and LOTS of wee!!

Yay! Good news. Keep it up Woody. :)

Back