• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello :)

joeybun

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :wave:
I've been a lurker on her for a while now, I got some great ideas for my buns outdoor setup and I've learnt a lot about their care.
Well 2 weeks ago I lost my soul bunny, Joey. I came home from work and found him with a slight head tilt, he was still eating and moving around ok so I wasn't too worried ( I should have been :cry: ) and booked him into the vets for the following evening. Well he deteriorated through the night and we didn't make the vet appointed. It broke my heart, and I know no bun will ever replace him but I couldnt bare to see his empty pen

Well today I picked up these 2, they are 16 week old french lop crosses - still undecided on names but so far they are Lily (lilac and white) and dexter (fawn)
They haven't stopped eating hay since they got here and have done some amazing flops and some small binkies (they are only in a puppy pen of about 6 x 3 until they settle but I think I will extend it tomorrow to 6 x 6 :)
I'm hoping the link to the picture works - sorry its the only half decent one ive been able to get, I dont want to disturb them too much
Sorry the the lengthy post :oops:

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/m...1390428824990_zpsmhirldte.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Oh pretty buns:D

Are they boys or girls cos it helps with names :lol:

Ooops sorry, the brown one is a little boy (I say little but they definitely take after they're mum who is a french lop :roll: ) and the lilac and white is a girl - she is the shy one of the 2, the other is already really cheeky and friendly :)

hi and welcome to the forum , sorry to hear about joey :cry:

your new bunnies are lovely, my first ever rabbit was a French lop, I love the names you have suggested already :love:

hi and welcome to the forum , sorry to hear about joey :cry:

your new bunnies are lovely, my first ever rabbit was a French lop, I love the names you have suggested already :love:

Thank you. I've seen quite a few of your threads on sox and mable and they are adorable :love:
Names have been changed to Finn and Lola, but im sure I will change them again :roll: haha. They are lovely buns, I forgot how energetic and cheeky buns can be. Their personaties are beginning to shine through now and I tell they are going to be trouble.

Welcome :wave:

Sorry to hear about Joey.

Lovely baby frenchies :love:

Thank you :wave:
Your bunnies are beautiful, theres something about belgium hares that make them so regal looking, and is teddy a french lop? He's a handsome boy anyway :)

Thank you :wave:
Your bunnies are beautiful, theres something about belgium hares that make them so regal looking, and is teddy a french lop? He's a handsome boy anyway :)

Thank you :D Yes although Teddy is a rescue so I have no breeding history for him, he's a small Frenchie (still a very big rabbit though!) he only weighs 4.5kg. Although Ruby (also a rescue) looks bigger (shes very long!) but because of her light build she only weighs 4.3kg :)

Thank you :D Yes although Teddy is a rescue so I have no breeding history for him, he's a small Frenchie (still a very big rabbit though!) he only weighs 4.5kg. Although Ruby (also a rescue) looks bigger (shes very long!) but because of her light build she only weighs 4.3kg :)

These 2 are french lop cross mini lop so I'm excited to see how big they will be, I don't know their weights yet but they are about the same size as my dwarf lop ( around 2kg) was, and they are 16 weeks old :lol:
I've just had to split them though as Finn got excited and started to hump poor Lola ( he was on her head and I split them straight away, so I don't think I need to worry but they are booked into the vets for monday for vacs and we'll talk about him getting the snip ) I feel awful as they are sat either side of bars looking sorry for themselves :(

Back