• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what hutch and run would you recomend??

Happy hutch, 6ft x 2ft x 2ft with a 6ft x 6ft x 2ft run underneath if it were me buying... But then I would buy a shed/playhouse so I can sit in with them and clean them out in the dry! :p

Welfare hutches are also really really lovely but to be honest I found out about them after I ordered my shed last year so don't know much about them except their runs look superb :p

Ryedale Hutches are very well made and sturdy (and some of them are so very pretty) but they can be a bit :shock: when you look at the price!

:wave:

I have hutches from both happy hutch and welfare hutches and love both. Tip if you are buying a hutch ontop a run, put the hutch on backwards so the run is behind it not infront - much easier to access for cleaning out if you are short like me because you don't have to stand in the run to lean in.

Welfare Hutches all the way.

I have a welfare hutches 6x2 double (2ft high each floor). They are actually thicker wood than happy hutch. The ramp angles are good (they are not really steep, like on most inc ryedale), they come flat pack so are easy to get into your garden but are so soild (and heavy) once built. The bolts are good strong ones. I really like mine.

I also have a welfare hutches run, which for the price i dont think you can beat. Plus the whole roof is removable rather than just part of it being accessible, so much easier to get to bun.

I then have a runaround pipe, and whilst i love the concept of the pipe joining hutch to run (and the buns love it), i dont like the connection point. However i saw a prototype of welfare hutches version a few weeks ago and it is, in my opinion 100x more secure. There was a post recently where i put all about them and i would highly reccomend the welfare hutches pipe. Link to pipe here - http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/-Pipe_Connectors/cat1466126_2174504.aspx

As you can tell i really like welfare hutches. Oh and as well as the high quality and fair prices of welfare hutches, the customer service is second to none. I have been extremely impressed.

Last edited:
Back