• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runarounds

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
I really don't understand runarounds!

I want to get one to connect my run on the grass to the new shed I'm ordering, but I don't understand how to use them, what to order from the three categories on the website. I don't know whether I want a connection kit, single door or bridge link because I don't know what all these things are!

Also, do runarounds bend, as mine would need to?!

Please help! :shock:

The single door means you have to disconnect the pipe to block the hole.

The double door means you can block the hole without removing the pipe. Basically if you want to be able to contain the rabbits in the shed over night for example, you'd be better off with the double door so you don't have to keep taking the pipe off to cover the hole.

The bridge link is a larger tunnel I think (but it's short so it won't bend). It's for large rabbits.

I'd go for the connection kit to go between a shed and a run, then you can easily block them in the shed if you need to. The pipes with those do bend, so you just need to decide on length you need.

If you don't need to block the rabbits in at any time, it might be cheaper to get two 'pipe clamps' and a tunnel separately. But then you have no option at all to close either end - access would be permanent.

I haven't got any runaround yet (but I'd love some) and from what people have said the best idea is to contact the company and tell them exactly what you need and they will recommend the best set up for you. They are very helpful by all accounts :)

The single door means you have to disconnect the pipe to block the hole.

The double door means you can block the hole without removing the pipe. Basically if you want to be able to contain the rabbits in the shed over night for example, you'd be better off with the double door so you don't have to keep taking the pipe off to cover the hole.

The bridge link is a larger tunnel I think (but it's short so it won't bend). It's for large rabbits.

I'd go for the connection kit to go between a shed and a run, then you can easily block them in the shed if you need to. The pipes with those do bend, so you just need to decide on length you need.

If you don't need to block the rabbits in at any time, it might be cheaper to get two 'pipe clamps' and a tunnel separately. But then you have no option at all to close either end - access would be permanent.

Does this mean that the normal tunnel isn't suitable for large rabbits? I am considering a conti... :shock: A 'small' conti.

I have the regular tunnel for my house buns, and my Contis definitely wouldn't fit in it. They have the den pipe which is what goes with the bridge link. They fit through that fine but it doesn't bend at all.

Does this mean that the normal tunnel isn't suitable for large rabbits? I am considering a conti... :shock: A 'small' conti.

I have a foster bunny here who is 3.5 kilos who scrabbles through. That's not really a large rabbit but it's the largest bun I've had to test it. She is a tight fit but gets through ok.

Might be worth contacting runaround to ask about sizes as I'm sure they tested it with different sized buns :)

Send them pic of what you got draw line of what you want doeble door if you wAnt to allow groorin garden access if you haven't a dour to open
ad10ad70161c50e926ed9ca64803b963_zpsb3040ee2.jpg

Oh dear! I need one that is fairly long and strong, it's hard to know what to do until I have the shed built.

I think the normal pipes can fit bun upto 4-4.5kg - it does say somewhere on the website. Those pipes bend a reasonable amount. For buns larger than 4-4.5kg then it has to be the den pipe, which is short and straight.

I dont know if the mesh tunnel things they do are ok for large buns but you could possibly use those and corner boxes - although i think that would be very expensive.

Oh dear! I need one that is fairly long and strong, it's hard to know what to do until I have the shed built.

If you're getting a Conti you need the den pipe. My Contis are 5.5 kilos and not yet fully grown, they definitely don't fit in the regular runaround tunnel. I believe they do the den pipe in different lengths. It's very strong indeed.

Thank you everyone :)

Our other issue is that the pipe/tunnel will have to go over a small wall to get to the runs on the grass. :roll:

Back