• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wooden shelter for run/ hutch

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hi all!

I'm looking to get Peter a wooden shelter for his run which can hopefully also fit into his hutch ( 6x2ft) at night ( for me to fill with straw for warmth). Those of you that have a shelter which one do you have? I can't get my head around the sizing!

Em x

my dad made one for my buns x
here it is
1396029_10201822135810792_1275768973_n.jpg

i normally fill it with straw and they burrow in it but it just has lino in it at the moment as it is easy to clean and will put straw in it later on

I built the shelter/hut in the left corner with leftover wood from building the run. To be honest I don't think I've ever seen them spending any length of time in there. The most is them going in, having a sniff around and then come out again. They use a little seagrass hut more than anything else which you can just about see on the right of the picture. Oh well, at least it's there if they want to use it...

Is your seagrass house still standing? Levi and Daisy have had one for just over a month and somebun *cough* Levi *cough* has been systematically shredding it so it currently only has about 1 and half sides still remaining... Sigh!

I built the shelter/hut in the left corner with leftover wood from building the run. To be honest I don't think I've ever seen them spending any length of time in there. The most is them going in, having a sniff around and then come out again. They use a little seagrass hut more than anything else which you can just about see on the right of the picture. Oh well, at least it's there if they want to use it...

Wow, your set up is amazing! xx

Do you think this would fit two rabbits if one of them is a larger bun? :)

It would probably be quite a squeeze. I am considering putting another hole opposite the entrance as they like to be able to exit easily. Not that that is really relevent!

Is your seagrass house still standing? Levi and Daisy have had one for just over a month and somebun *cough* Levi *cough* has been systematically shredding it so it currently only has about 1 and half sides still remaining... Sigh!

Amazingly it is still going strong. I keep having to re-tie the sides to stop the house collapsing. Lol.

Back