• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my rabbits stupid?

jemjabella

Mama Doe
I've been at home all day over the past couple of days so with me around to keep an eye the rabbits have had pretty much free reign over the garden from 8am til 7pm-ish.

Yesterday, they both spent pretty much all day on the doorstep of the shed. Might as well not have bothered letting them out.

Today they actually went further into the garden ... and Rosie spent all day sat inside the (open) guinea pig apex run. Why run around when you can put yourself into solitary confinement, eh?!

:roll: :lol:

Maybe foxes have been in your garden and they can smell them.

I saw a fox running across the road at 6pm today, so please be careful, it only takes a minute for them to get your bunnies.

The fox would have to go a long way to get from Dartford to Broseley, and then over the 20ft high wall+fence on one side, past the neighbour's dog + 10ft fence on the other side, past the two dogs on the other side and again over the 6ft fence, over the wired gate without upsetting my cats which are out in the run and past the IP cam on the shed which is always open on my computer (which I work at) and/or past me as I potter back and forth doing the washing / playing with my son.

It was a rhetorical question - they're just lazy :p

mine used to sit under the hutch when free ranging or only venture to the edge of the lawn about 5 ft away from the hutch and run :lol:

Mine have spent most of the day sat side by side on their little wooden platform in their run according to my mum. They look like a couple old age pensioners. It's hilarious. Mind you when I went out and up to the shed to get a fenugreek crunchie for them they moved pretty fast... :p

Isn't it normal for rabbits to stay near shelter in case they need to bolt? Especially if it's relatively new territory

Ha ha,I so get your frustration.when my buns come out Bobby just lies on the floor and stretches out and sleeps for 3 hours at a time even though they have lots of enrichment opportunities.

Meanwhile Rosie gets bored because her play mate doesn't want to play and she goes off looking for mischief. Bobby is only 18 months old but I swear if he was a human he would already have a pipe and slippers and he would be called Norman. That has kind of become his nickname at this stage :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Bobo often bangs at his hutch door to come out - so I oblige - only for him to hop 4 hops and collapse in a hairy heap...just fancied somewhere else to sleep prehaps? He's a big lazy gorgeous lump so it's all right I suppose :love:

Ah well, as long as mine aren't the only ones :lol:

They did start binkying around when I went out to put them away last night but I think that was only because it was pellet time :lol:

Back