• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anyone tried Oxbow joint support?

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I've just ordered some for Alice's arthritis.
Hoping it makes her feel better she is heavily medicated at the moment :(

Yes. :)
Mimzy has been taking one of these a day to up to twice a day for some months. I cannot say for sure if it has had any measurable effect, although I think it would have to be cumulative over a period of time...but I know when I go to collect him for a clean up of his pen he's quite spry for a bun who's had early onset arthritis for the last three years. :)
He also gets the Digestive, Immune, Urinary, Skin and Coat and Senior support tablets. He is not the best hay eater so these really help give his tum that extra boost when he needs it.
He definitely gets cranky if I miss one too...I know when I've forgotten to give them because he begins trashing his enclosure. :roll: :lol:

Many ((((((((((((((Pain free)))))))))))))))) vibes for wee Alice. xxxx

My elderly and arthritic bun wouldn't touch them unfortunately :(. They are extremely hard, so maybe that's why? My three younger and healthier buns loved them though :roll:.

Yes - my Flopsy is on them and has been for probably about 8 weeks now. Flopsy has 2 a day and I noticed an improvement within the first few weeks although when I spoke to J about it he did say it can take up to 8 weeks for the active ingredient to take effect.

They are quite hard and at first Flopsy refused them plain so had to smear some of the Ella's kitchen banana over them but now he'll take them as they are. I imagine for dental rabbits they also help to grind down their teeth because of the crunching. They are great IMO - Flopsy was suffering really quite badly with arthritic pain and wasn't very active because of it but now he's doing really well.

Back