• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what shall I use in bunny house that they wont pee in??

moi

Mama Doe
Ive just ordered the buns a little bunny shelter with lift off roof for there shed so they have somewhere warm in the winter. But I dont want them to use it as a loo, so what shall I fill it with? They will pee and poop if its hay x

I find if there is hay, straw or anything like bedding, they will use as toilet.
I use a big lidded storage box with a hole cut in as an extra snuggle box in the winter but have learnt to put a thin layer of Megazorb in the bottom stuffed whith hay or straw for warmth....although they prefer to sit outside in the cold in winter!

my indoor buns will wee on anything with hay and bedding, so though the outdoor ones may do the same. I wonder if covering it with carpet would be a good idea x

What about vetbed. I have it for Doughnut. It's like fleece but so absorbent that if they wee on it it sucks it away from your bunny so they aren't sitting in it. I used to wash it all the time when Doughnut was incontient but now she doesn't wee on it at all, just goes to sleep on it as it's nice and warm and soft.

What about vetbed. I have it for Doughnut. It's like fleece but so absorbent that if they wee on it it sucks it away from your bunny so they aren't sitting in it. I used to wash it all the time when Doughnut was incontient but now she doesn't wee on it at all, just goes to sleep on it as it's nice and warm and soft.

Sounds good, where can I get it from x

They do it in most pet shops, it's on the roll and it's about £7.50 for a large bit. I got mine from Jollyes but just call round the main ones, I'm sure they have it. It really helped me as I had bought so much different stuff to try and stop Doughnut getting urine scalds. Sadly she did as the vets who shaved her and cleaned her up for me recommended it. I did notice she was a lot drier though and now she is dry she doesn't pee on it at all. With fleeces she used to continue sitting in it and it was wet. It's so thick and soft like cotton wool.

I use fleece blankets as mine also wee/poo on any sort of hay or bedding. Using vetbed too is a good idea though, ice used it for my dogs before and it's great. You can either get branded vetbed or generic stuff which is the same or very similar.

I've got this dilemma at the moment too! I think it's just trial and error and what works for u and ur buns. Mine have just started to dig out all their litter from the tray again :evil: I thought their mahoosive litter tray was an end to that! But I'm wondering if its because of the weather going colder they want bedding but I'm so paranoid that they'll start peeing if I put straw/extra hay in! I've got carpet tiles so not bare floor but don't think this matters to them! Might get a soft type bed and give that a try but I have a feeling they'll just dig at it, move it all over the place, turn it upside down and chew it! Have a look at my post 'insulated bed' for an idea I had which I will prob be doing, just need to get the boxes!

I should think it can be cut with no probs. I ended up having to give mine straw as they had taken to digging out the litter tray and spreading it all over the hutch so they were obviously trying to make things more comfortable and cosy! So far they've not peed in the straw and I've put it in their bed and a tray in the main area. The only thing they did was drag some outside of the bed but that's ok! Tbh they didn't pee in their bed last year and I used straw :thumb: its my other pair that r pains in the bum and pee anywhere and everywhere! :roll:

I should think it can be cut with no probs. I ended up having to give mine straw as they had taken to digging out the litter tray and spreading it all over the hutch so they were obviously trying to make things more comfortable and cosy! So far they've not peed in the straw and I've put it in their bed and a tray in the main area. The only thing they did was drag some outside of the bed but that's ok! Tbh they didn't pee in their bed last year and I used straw :thumb: its my other pair that r pains in the bum and pee anywhere and everywhere! :roll:

I asked the seller if it can be cut without causing fraying etc. he told me you can cut it without causing damage as long as you use a Stanley knife or similar. It looks good, will be ordering some today. Thanks for the original link.

Just recieved ours, its amazing!! And yes you can cut it, it looks like the seller cuts it too size himself x

Back