• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Willow & Nettle are being spayed today U/D All went well

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
Although I am a little concerned about Willow's ear, so I guess if she needs treatment for that we may end up postponing the spays. DH and I have barely slept, and when I did sleep I dreamt that I heard a fox, and spent the next half hour with my head stuck out of the window! Just about to feed them so that they can have a good breakfast before I put them in the dogcrate.

Last edited:
Thankyou. :)
All dropped off, and I'm very happy that I've changed to a new vet, she seems much more rabbit-savvy.
Nettle's ear is fine, and she weighs 4.3 kgs, Willow a little more. Not bad for 7 months, LOL!

They are back and all went well. They have eaten a little veg and the nurse gave them each 10 ml of recovery food which they apparently each took in a very docile manner from the syringe. I have meds to give them for the next 3 days, so let's hope they accept that syringe so well. They don't seem uncomfortable at the moment, even though they are in a strange place (our spare room). I've seen one poo already and we've only been home half an hour, so I'm hopeful it will be a better recovery than Samantha and Truffles' was.
They have taken photos of them at the vet's and asked if they can put them on the website so I'll have to see when they pop up.

I really like the new vet practice, and a bonus, the 2 spays were £50 cheaper than my old vet charged.

Last edited:
Well I can see quite a few poos and a little wee but they haven't eaten anything as far as I can see. Just been out to get some willow in the hope that tempts them. Now need to give them their meds which should be interesting.

When my Mottle had a ga recently he was really sleepy for around 5 hours, then started eating (sliced apple) and gradually came back to himself.

Hope you can tempt your girls to eat. Best of luck with the meds!

The meds went OK, but they aren't really eating still, just a few willow leaves. Am about to try something even more tempting like a slice of apple.

Aww its so hard. I really feel for them since after my biopsy I didn't want to eat, couldn't really be bothered I was in that much pain. But they *have* to eat, silly bunnies.

Sending nommy vibes xXx

OK Nettle did eat a tiny sliver of apple. Willow didn't, and she's only eaten about 10 little weeping willow leaves which is not much in a giant bunny tummy! I have recovery food but I have no chance of getting it down them on my own.

Back