• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flemish Giant & Dwarf Rabbits??

NicNac

New Kit
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering I currently have 3 Dwarf rabbits and was looking into getting a Flemish Giant aswell. I have read that the Giants are very docile animals as apposed to the frisky nature of the dwarfs, they obviously would not be housed together but would the Giant get aggressive towards the dwarfs if they were to cross paths in the run etc? the dwarfs are 3 females and the giant will be a female, also what size would a female giant grow to on average?

I have a Nethie boy with a Flemish wife, they are very devoted.
However I'd be very circumspect about the combination you are suggesting unless you are a really confident bunny bonder with heaps of time on your hands.
Oh and a Plan B!!

It really depends on the temperament of the giant. It's impossible to predict how the giant you get will behave. There is no reason why the size should impact how they will behave.
My giant was ever so lovely, he was never violent, he just did a bit of chasing/humping for the first couple of days. :roll:

Back