• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help with lump around the cheek

How much a diagnosis for a rabbit cost?

• Total voters
Hi, my rabbit has a lump around the cheek that is mostly hard, and the ball has increased in size, although my rabbit
doesn't show really pain, whay should i do?, i am short of money for a vet right now?, please save Sochi

Hi, my rabbit has a lump around the cheek that is mostly hard, and the ball has increased in size, although my rabbit
doesn't show really pain, whay should i do?, i am short of money for a vet right now?, please save Sochi

It sounds as though your Rabbit has an abscess. The only thing you can do is to take your Rabbit to a Vet. Without appropriate treatment the problem will get a lot worse and your Rabbit will start to suffer. Abscesses in Rabbits are especially complicated to treat, especially abscesses anywhere on the head. The sooner treatment is obtained the better chance there is of successful treatment.

If you are in the UK do you qualify to use a charitable organisation such as the PDSA to obtain Veterinary Treatment ?

If you are in another Country are there any charitable organisations you could go to ?

There really is no other option other than to obtain the Veterinary care your Rabbits needs.

It sounds as though your Rabbit has an abscess. The only thing you can do is to take your Rabbit to a Vet. Without appropriate treatment the problem will get a lot worse and your Rabbit will start to suffer. Abscesses in Rabbits are especially complicated to treat, especially abscesses anywhere on the head. The sooner treatment is obtained the better chance there is of successful treatment.

If you are in the UK do you qualify to use a charitable organisation such as the PDSA to obtain Veterinary Treatment ?

If you are in another Country are there any charitable organisations you could go to ?

There really is no other option other than to obtain the Veterinary care your Rabbits needs.

Sadly I live in El Salvador and in general in the region rabbit vets are kind of null(0), and i am afraid to give my rabbit as a practice patient, but after reading about abcesses, its pretty sure that is the problem. After a few months my rabbit stop eating their pellets as much as their friend -bad diet as a baby i think give bad calcium- and now i know that from dental problems abcesses can result.

Sadly I live in El Salvador and in general in the region rabbit vets are kind of null(0), and i am afraid to give my rabbit as a practice patient, but after reading about abcesses, its pretty sure that is the problem. After a few months my rabbit stop eating their pellets as much as their friend -bad diet as a baby i think give bad calcium- and now i know that from dental problems abcesses can result.

I do think you need to consult a Vet, even if they are not very experienced with Rabbits. You could print off this information to show them.

*WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES ON THIS LINK*

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Dental_diseases/Treatment/Facial/abs_dental.htm

At the Very least the Vet should be able to provide pain relief for your Rabbit, even if they cant/wont do anything else.

thanks for the info-help.

I do think you need to consult a Vet, even if they are not very experienced with Rabbits. You could print off this information to show them.

*WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES ON THIS LINK*

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Dental_diseases/Treatment/Facial/abs_dental.htm

At the Very least the Vet should be able to provide pain relief for your Rabbit, even if they cant/wont do anything else.

I will check the vets at the yellow-pages and then take choice of vet, luckily i still have around $70!

Back