• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need a new shed...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Just to store hay in really; if i get an overlap shed will it leak? I know tongue and groove is much better, but i just need it to stay dry. Our current shed will not last the winter, the rain just pours in now :( but i don't want it to cost too much, as it's just for storage! :?

I'm going to get a wheely bin to store hay in. They have them in Homebase (think you order them) and it's 15% off this weekend. I'm sorry, I know this isn't about a shed!

I'm going to get a wheely bin to store hay in. They have them in Homebase (think you order them) and it's 15% off this weekend. I'm sorry, I know this isn't about a shed!

:lol: no i need more space than a wheelie bin, as i hate rain and need to go in a shed to sort stuff out :lol:but thanks anyway :wave:

Overlap is cheaper but will not last as long. You get what you pay for, if it's all can afford then it will keep your hay dry it's just a matter of how long. I had an overlap shed in the last house I rented, it was a bit damp at the bottom but did keep the hay dry for me - and this was a pretty old one.

It's not like you are buying it for bunnies so no risk of them chewing from the inside which is one problem with overlap as they can get their teeth into easier than T&G time.

Hannah :)

Back