• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rip limps

Toffee pops

Alpha Buck
I went to feed limpy and pickle at 6am and only pickle came down limpy wasn't interested just sitting in his bedroom,so told oh to keep an eye on him,at 10 am I get a txt that hes not right,so I get home at 11 and hes basically cold in a comatosed state totally limp,so I rushed him to the vets which is 5 mins down the road and he says he has septacemia from gi stasis and he needs to be pts,right or wrong diagnosis it was obvious he wasn't going to pull through,im totally gutted hes only 3 and if I hadn't gone to work and got him to a vet then he may still be here now,pickle is in the garden at the mo I think I need to bleach there shed incases pickies can contract anything,any advise as to what has happened or what to do next would be much appreciated.
IPHONEPIKS101_zpsffbb1e80.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
LIMPS038_zps3af978ff.png
[/URL][/IMG]
may-2013037_zps6cb65db5.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Sooo sorry for your loss. Dont know anything about septicemia but perhaps you could ask the vet re; bleaching their shed, etc.

Thx everyone for your kind words,ive just buried limpy in the garden,made him a nice coffin and my little girl did some painting on it for him,still cant believe hes gone absolutely heartbroken,pickle keeps looking for him and she looks so sad its killing me i did let her spend sometime with him but im not sure she understands whats happened,apparently he was the only surviving bun out of the litter and they all died in a similar way,i prob should of got a pm but i didnt want him messed with.
Have fun at the bridge limps with your brothers and sisters binky free my boy xx

Back