• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it possible she hates men?

PrincessPomPom

Warren Scout
PomPom growled at everyone until she was spayed and she became so loving and sweet posted pictures here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?397065-She-s-like-a-new-rabbit however X who is male went into her room to give her some carrot tops and he told me that she'd growled at him 3 times. When I went in to give her some food, fresh hay and clean her litter box she wouldn't come near me but she finally hopped over but when she sniffed me she growled! She growled when I gave her new hay, she growled when I filled her food bowl. After about 10 minutes she realised it was mummy became normal again? She came for strokes and stopped growling and the only thing I can think of is that she wasn't happy about X going in? It seems every time a guy goes in she becomes upset? Is it possible she had a bad experience with a man and now doesn't trust them? I know when we had dogs they hated men but that's because they lived with only women is it possible for a rabbit to hate a gender?

Last edited:
I don't know whether rabbits can be aggressive towards a particular gender but I would say that maybe x scared her as he was a stranger and this is the reason she reacted as she did. And why she was still growling when you went in being she was still scared ? I'm no expert but I know my rabbits don't like strangers, it may just seem to be men but its just because she doesn't know them perhaps. But like I said I'm no expert, just an idea.

Last edited:
X is his name not that he's my ex :lol: anyway he's not stranger he's been around her since we got her she always growled at him but we thought that was hormones buy now she's only friendly towards me?

It could be, my Bella is also a little nervous around men. I think it's because they're usually louder than women :lol: and obviously their voices are deeper etc.

She might not have been around men much when she was younger or she might associate men with something bad. When I adopted Paige she was scared of everyone and would run and hide, but for some reason when she was with my mom instead of running she would growl and bite :shock: Now she is lovely to everyone, it was just a matter of changing what she associates certain people with and making her feel safe.

Back