• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training problem

sazzab278

New Kit
Hello every1 I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right forum as I've only just signed up and a little confused as to how to use the site! Anyway I've just bought two beautiful dwarf lops at 9 weeks old and I'm having them as house rabbits so I'm currently litter training them, I've only had them 2 days and they are doing really well they've stopped peeing on the carpet and now started using their litter trays but one of my bunnies has decided that her peeing spot is right I front of a door so this is a bit of an inconvenience with the litter tray. where as my other bun has choose a corner which is perfect, is there any way I can train my bun that pees in front of the door to pee in the corner with the other bunny??
Thank you

Hello every1 I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right forum as I've only just signed up and a little confused as to how to use the site! Anyway I've just bought two beautiful dwarf lops at 9 weeks old and I'm having them as house rabbits so I'm currently litter training them, I've only had them 2 days and they are doing really well they've stopped peeing on the carpet and now started using their litter trays but one of my bunnies has decided that her peeing spot is right I front of a door so this is a bit of an inconvenience with the litter tray. where as my other bun has choose a corner which is perfect, is there any way I can train my bun that pees in front of the door to pee in the corner with the other bunny??
Thank you

Hi & welcome to RU:wave:
I can give you a quick reply. Bunnies pee & pooh to mark their territory so the one peeing at the door is saying "my place" no more bunnies allowed in here.
I'd let her do it in the tray there for a couple of weeks (I know very inconvenient especially if you tread in it by accident.) Once she's "had her say" move it next to the other while it's still 1/2 full & she'll go where it smells right.

Yes, I'd have put this in Behaviour & Bonding part of the forum. We each start a new thread for our own questions. There's a little "new thread box" you click for your thread top left hand side of each forum.

If you need advice about when they can get pregnant & same sex pairs fighting when their hormones kick in we can give advice on Behaviour & Bonding too.

Thank you for the advice it is much appreciated and sorry for interrupting this thread- I'm not he best with computers so still getting my head around this site! :oops::oops:

Thank you for the advice it is much appreciated and sorry for interrupting this thread- I'm not he best with computers so still getting my head around this site! :oops::oops:

No worries, we were all new once. :) The mods may move it to it's own thread & will let you know by e-mail.
I hope you enjoy it on here & tell us more about your bunnies.:)

Back