• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny friends want to stay together, can they?

It tricky because you can't guarantee when they'll give birth exactly, and whether the pregnant one will be aggressive over the nest she builds. Partly it will depend on how much space they have. They could certainly stay together at least until the week before and then after that you could arrange their accommodation so they can still see each other.

It tricky because you can't guarantee when they'll give birth exactly, and whether the pregnant one will be aggressive over the nest she builds. Partly it will depend on how much space they have. They could certainly stay together at least until the week before and then after that you could arrange their accommodation so they can still see each other.

OK thanks a lot, that’s helpful.

I agree with Tamsin but on the other hand I've had two separate bunnies stay with their sisters right up until the babies were old enough to leave home on their own ie. 9 weeks :)

It all very much depends on the temperament of the buns in question

I agree with Tamsin but on the other hand I've had two separate bunnies stay with their sisters right up until the babies were old enough to leave home on their own ie. 9 weeks :)

It all very much depends on the temperament of the buns in question

Both of the rabbits are fairly easy going, one is a lot younger then the other and a little more hyper (the one who isn’t pregnant) but they like each other and get along well. I just hoped to keep them together, but of course don’t want the mom to get too stressed or protective. As long as they are happy I think I will let them stay together until the birth gets closer and then separate them to avoid any problems. Thanks a lot for your input!:D

Last edited:
After birth rabbits don't spend much time with their babies, so although I wouldn't let the second bun in where she can access the babies. You could let mum out to play with her friend for an hour or so if she wants too :)

Back