• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Staywell Cat Flap

KarinB

Warren Scout
I am almost finished having a 5' x 5' playhouse done out for my bunnies and have recently had a Staywell cat flap fitted. I am considering putting some sort of tunnel in the cat flap so that through the day it keeps access continually open to the run that will be attached but so that it can be removed at night so that the cat flap can be locked.

Has anyone got any kind of tunneling in their cat flap and, if so, what kind it it and where did you buy it from.

Thanks.

I am almost finished having a 5' x 5' playhouse done out for my bunnies and have recently had a Staywell cat flap fitted. I am considering putting some sort of tunnel in the cat flap so that through the day it keeps access continually open to the run that will be attached but so that it can be removed at night so that the cat flap can be locked.

Has anyone got any kind of tunneling in their cat flap and, if so, what kind it it and where did you buy it from.

Thanks.

I just drilled a small hole in the plastic of the catflap and hooked it to the playhouse so it stayed open in the day - can you do that?

I just drilled a small hole in the plastic of the catflap and hooked it to the playhouse so it stayed open in the day - can you do that?

That's a good idea, never thought of that. Do you have it hooked up on the inside or the outside? I am thinking the outside might be a better option.

That's a good idea, never thought of that. Do you have it hooked up on the inside or the outside? I am thinking the outside might be a better option.

I had it hooked on the outside - it also helps to keep the rain from coming in through the hole if it's propped on the outside :thumb:

Back