• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help!

My black bunny Luna has been having horrible sneezing fits, I saw her a few times sneezing so bad and what looked like coughing or hacking. She has no discharge, clear happy eyes. She eats normally, well I should say stuffs herself lol. She drinks plenty of water and still loves to play with her little bunny buddy Dazzle. So I am confused? She eats her well portioned amount of pellets and she has her Timothy hay.

Hi - dont know if its similar but my Tillie had sneezing fits periodically and several courses of anti biotics. it would clear up for a bit then come back. it was very severe and she would wizz around chinning things as she did it. It was worrying. After yet another vets visit she was put on piriton. I put a tiny bit (cant remember exact amount but advised by and prescribed by vet) in a bit of apple and she never sneezed again- it was quite remarkable.

Obviously get Luna checked out but fingers crossed it can be easily sorted! :)

I would still recommend a Vet check. So much more detailed information can be obtained from a 'hands on' examination. It may also mean that a potential problem is picked up on early, BEFORE the Bunny becomes obviously 'ill'

Good luck

Back