• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panic attack this morning. Poppy escaped ):

Charmednm

Mama Doe
Went out to feed poppy this morning before work. Normally she hears me and scampers about but couldnt hear a thing so I opened up her 'hay bit' and saw this

null_zps540e18b8.jpg

So I started to panic and looked up the garden couldn't see her. My garden is no where near escape proof. So I went to move her hutch hugger and heard a grunt. She may have been distressed but I was so relieved to hear her. So I went to the hut and got out her carry box. When I moved the hutch away from the wall she grunted a whole lot more then her we nose poked out and when she saw it was me she scrambled out so fast ): poor we thing was scared ):

She's now in the small pen in my living room I have no idea what to do :/

At least she is safe and sound.
Any spare wood lying around to make a temp fix?
Or can you move the hutch so its against a wall or something?
xxx

I don't have anything to do a temporary fix.
And what puzzles me is that her hutch was up against the wall. As close as it could get leaving the smallest space she's squeezed her self out it and she's huge!!

Oh my Gosh... What a complete nightmare.... Hugs, your heart must been in your mouth!,!!

Glad she is Okay...

If its any help, I have 5x2x2 hutch which has a cover on it to get you a temp house. Far from ideal I know but an offer nonetheless if you'd like...
http://www.bitsforpets.com/freddie-5ft-hutch-p-3308.html

Noserubs to the escape artist!!

Fee xx

Thank you very much for your offer but I do have a new
Hutch for her but I can't build it myself. My mum refused to help tonight but will tomorrow so after the painting and putting down the lino she won't get in it till sat :/ so for now she is stuck in the pen in the house and the big pen in the garden. She's does seem quite at home in here though

null_zps905b01ef.jpg

I'm sure she enjoyed her adventure and is now loving the change of scenery! It's poor you who is left panicking and worrying.:(

..... and with a few grey hairs to boot!!!

No worries... Glad you are sorted!,

Fee x

Back