• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny slapped dog in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.

denla

Warren Scout
Today in the park a huge fluffy dog ran over to inspect my bunny. I blocked his way with the pet carrier and the dog circled around me, which I blocked his path to my bunny again. He grunted, circled again, and then my bunny hopped over to the dog and slapped its face before hopping behind my leg to hide lol. The dog grunted and tried to get past me but halted when I shouted NO. Its owner called for him loudly and it ran away. I considered kicking the dog with my heavy steel toe cap boots but changed my mind lol.

Sorry, I can't leave it... Please please don't take your bun back to the park, it is simply not fair. You can't say that it is safe as this post proves otherwise :(

sounds like s/he is a real character! Thank god nothing terrible happened though, taking bunny to the park could have ended a lot worse :(

Sorry, I can't leave it... Please please don't take your bun back to the park, it is simply not fair. You can't say that it is safe as this post proves otherwise :(

We went to a beach afterwards, up some small hills where there's lots of sand, some benches, and nobody else because everyone uses the lower end of the beach near the shops. Spent over two hours laying on the sand and grass. I had to dig a bit of the sand before placing the litter tray there or the wind would have blew the litter tray away.

sounds like s/he is a real character! Thank god nothing terrible happened though, taking bunny to the park could have ended a lot worse :(

I think bunny was in a park on a lead perhaps.

Please op the behavoir from your bunny is not funny, they do this when they are scared and are attacking predators.
Don't take bun to the park, and if you weren't in the park don't let other animals near your bunny, why don't you buy one of those metal puppy ens and set it up in your garden when you want bun out for excercise?

I would imagine so. I just mean it's lucky the dog backed off, many dogs who would have attacked. :(

yeah very lucky.
Or at least tried to grab bunny in playfulness and seriously hurt her.

I don't understand why the op would put her bunny in danger like that. :(

we all make mistakes, luckily this time it didn't cause any real harm. All OP can do is learn from it and hopefully realise the park isn't such a sensible place for a bunny. :)

We went to a beach afterwards, up some small hills where there's lots of sand, some benches, and nobody else because everyone uses the lower end of the beach near the shops. Spent over two hours laying on the sand and grass. I had to dig a bit of the sand before placing the litter tray there or the wind would have blew the litter tray away.

So exactly the sort of place dog walkers favour as they can let their dogs off lead knowing that it will be quieter?

Rabbits are prey animals, they spook very easily and a spooked rabbit can easily break their back when bolting in a harness. Even if you have the 'springy' style of lead. If you must take your bun out of its home could you not find somewhere where you can control what happens around you, so a friends garden or house, somewhere where if they did wriggle out they could be easily captured again? And most certainly somewhere where you can guarantee boisterous dogs won't run over.

You were very very lucky that the dog you met was well trained enough to respond to a recall even when confronted with a bunny.

Im trying to figure out if your serious or this is a stupid joke?? Taking a bunny out to the park and beach is irresponsible.... and you took the litter tray?? I think ! someones having a laugh!:roll:

Her comments on this thred and the previous one seems like she is deliberately trying to wind people up, might be wrong though. x

All this op's posts have the same theme and if they are not a wind up then they are getting me close to getting an infraction .

What gave it away for me was the part about taking the litter tray. Even if Rabbits were the sort of animal you could happily take for a walk can you imagine everyone taking there litter trays along! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back