• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brian and his Adrenal Tumour- an Update

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Things did not work out very well with Brian living next door to Harry. Brian became more and more depressed and very clingy to me. So I have had to try something else and he now lives in an enclosure in the kitchen. He is not immediately next door to other Rabbits, but he does get to see a lot more of me throughout the day. So far he seems to be much brighter within himself. C is going to be talking with Mark Rowlands today to see if there is anything more we can do for Brian with regards to managing the symptoms of his adrenal tumour given the apparent failure of the most recent hormone implant. I fear that apart from major surgery we are pretty much out of options now. The thought of Brian having to live alone for the rest of his life makes me feel so sad. He is such a sociable and friendly Rabbit. I am trying not to think of 'worst case scenario' yet, but with all that has happened here in recent weeks it is very hard to remain positive.

Anyway, here are a few photos of Brian taken yesterday and this morning:

He is such a beautiful little bun :love:

I hope being on the grass in the sun has lifted his spirits a wee bit. All of mine are at their happiest when they have some grass time.

Have everything crossed that Mark may have a suggestion to help xx

We had a similar issue with Herman. I don't know of it was for the same reason. He had liver cancer and very advanced dental disease so we didn't put him through further tests. When we ran out of options for his behaviour our vet put him on a twice daily small dose of diazepam. He first couple of doses he was a bit wobbly and we questioned using it but after that he was ok and it really helped him.

After a month we made the decision to stop it because of the risk to his liver but thankfully the over the top humping didn't come back although he did still hump on occasions but at least the constant humping stopped

Jack and Honey wonder if you can send up some of your grass seeing as how they ate all theirs and yours looks lovely.:lol:

Brian is such a cutie. :love:

We had a similar issue with Herman. I don't know of it was for the same reason. He had liver cancer and very advanced dental disease so we didn't put him through further tests. When we ran out of options for his behaviour our vet put him on a twice daily small dose of diazepam. He first couple of doses he was a bit wobbly and we questioned using it but after that he was ok and it really helped him.

After a month we made the decision to stop it because of the risk to his liver but thankfully the over the top humping didn't come back although he did still hump on occasions but at least the constant humping stopped

Just bumping this up in case you missed it :wave:

It really was a miracle med for Herman :D We were at the point of PTS because his humping was unbearable for him and was having a bad effect on Dave. dave was so patient with him but trying to walk across a room with Herman permanently attached to your back must have been so painful for him. He also lost all the fur down his sides where herman's front legs were hanging on :( We knew if we separated them Herman's life wouldn't be worth living - which was sadly proven when dave did go to the bridge :( So the Diazepan really was our last chance and it worked. Herman wasn't sedated at all, it just calmed him down and once the meds stopped it seemed to have broken the cycle. Like I said before there was still a small amount of humping when he got excited like when i bought the food bowls in, but that was all. :D

Back