• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ASPA Wee!

Well my rabbit minstrel is 8 weeks old and i got her on the 25th of april and she is having problems litter training and i have a pink cover in the corner of my room and she keeps weeing on it and i really dont know what to do because im really getting stressed because i dont want her to wee on it and if she get into a routine of doing it i have moved her litter tray to the pink cover with the wee on it?? what should i dont (ASAP):cry:

my litter tray looks like this..

my cover looks like this (its under the tray)

now my rabbit pee'd on the cover and not the tray then i moved the tray on top of the cover with the wee under neath then she pee'd in the tray so i might have solved it but i would still like some help ASAP thanks :p

I fill my litter tray with hay, fill it right up and they eat and pee at the same time...... maybe they dont like the feeling of paper..

Perhaps put the newspaper under the tray?? And remove the blanket totally from that area.?

Lots of suggestions which may/may not work

Good luck
Fee x

I fill my litter tray with hay, fill it right up and they eat and pee at the same time...... maybe they dont like the feeling of paper..

Perhaps put the newspaper under the tray?? And remove the blanket totally from that area.?

Lots of suggestions which may/may not work

Good luck
Fee x

Some rabbits are harder to litter train than others. You can only hope she gets the message, if not right now she probably will when she's a bit older. Sometimes it depends on whether her Mum was litter trained or not.

Give her about ten times more hay ;) She's only a baby, she probably won't understand litter training fully right now and in a few weeks time her hormones will hit and she'll be worse. I wouldn't expect perfect litter training until she's spayed. Try not to stress about it, it's likely to make the situation worse. :)

Give her about ten times more hay ;) She's only a baby, she probably won't understand litter training fully right now and in a few weeks time her hormones will hit and she'll be worse. I wouldn't expect perfect litter training until she's spayed. Try not to stress about it, it's likely to make the situation worse. :)

Thank You So Much Your Advice Will Be Used.:p:p

I'd fill the litter tray with loads of hay as bunnies tend to pee and poo where they also eat. It might be worth keeping a close eye on her and when she looks like she's about to pee pick her up and put her in the litter tray and hopefully she'll learn to associate the two. This is how I litter trained my 2 and I've had no problems. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it soon even if you feel like pulling your hair out just persevere and it'll pay off..good luck :D xxx

I'd fill the litter tray with loads of hay as bunnies tend to pee and poo where they also eat. It might be worth keeping a close eye on her and when she looks like she's about to pee pick her up and put her in the litter tray and hopefully she'll learn to associate the two. This is how I litter trained my 2 and I've had no problems. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it soon even if you feel like pulling your hair out just persevere and it'll pay off..good luck :D xxx

Thanks but she wont let me pick her up she just runs away or jumps out of my hands..:)

My buns are 4 & 5 and are well litter trained and have their under bed storage box litter trays filled with hay, but they will still pee on a towel or a fleece.:roll: I thought a little wicker dog basket with just cutsey pink fleeces would look lovely and make a nice bed...but they kept peeing in it, so I gave up! I also bought one of the pink plastic dog beds, and filled that with towels as a diggy box...and they peed on the towels. So I think you are best removing anything like that if you don't want it peed on!

I bought two of mine a nice cosy fleecy bed. They slept in it at first (I nearly feinted with cuteness) but then began peeing in it and dragging it about the place... They now have the popular storage boxes with newspaper and hay.

I agree with the above.:thumb:

Give the little darling time to settle in and for you to have lots of patience, patience and more patience.

Best of luck for you and the lovely Minstral. :love:

Back