• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My syrian, Apollo.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
He's such a cutie :) Although.. he's gone from having completely black patches, to his bum end patch turning brown!

He has a new house :) Meant for guinea pigs but Phoebe has the dwarf sized one and it's teeny, he wouldn't have fit in it at all :lol:

I had someone on facebook message me a while ago about her syrian and how I am over the top with Apollo's cage and wheel because they don't need them. She keeps hers in a mini duna :? Can't see how I'm being over the top when I'm not that far off the minimum for both cage and wheel :? (Minimum being 75x45 or something, the Alexander is 101cm x 50cm, minimum wheel is 8inch but Apollo's is a 12 inch! so not over the top, just what they need..) I think she was just looking for an argument so I just linked her the RSPCA guidelines :lol:

IMAG2700_zps808af859.jpg

IMAG2701_zps308f022e.jpg

IMAG2705_zpsf2bc2a22.jpg

IMAG2706_zpsc7d96bf6.jpg

Video :)

Apollo himself :) and his new brown bum!

Your hammy set ups are to die for! I wish I could have another hammy! He is :love::love::love:

Your hammy set ups are to die for! I wish I could have another hammy! He is :love::love::love:

I wish I could have another hamster too! :lol: I have an empty kios waiting for a dwarfy owner..! But I'm not allowed :( :lol: Apollo is still a bit shy but sooo much better than he was, he loves his outside time, the bath is his new favourite place:love:

I've had many Syrians over the years,their colour does change with age,they don't get grey with age exactly but their darker colours do get paler.:)

I've had many Syrians over the years,their colour does change with age,they don't get grey with age exactly but their darker colours do get paler.:)

Aww, he's only about 6 months old, I just looked at him and was a bit shocked :lol: when we brought him home he was black and white, now he's brown and white :lol:

Aww, he's only about 6 months old, I just looked at him and was a bit shocked :lol: when we brought him home he was black and white, now he's brown and white :lol:

Yep Sox looked black,I should have known better,very rare to get a black Syrian.He is chocolate brown now.:)

Male hammies get a bit paler once their scent glands on the hips look more visible too.
I've only had one female Syrian,the rest have been boys.

thats the best hamster set up i have ever seen i have big cage for my syrian, dangerous Brian, but its not as good as yours!

Love dangerous Brian :lol: :love: Some hams do better in smaller cages, I had a roborovski who had brain damage and a neurological disorder so a smaller cage was needed for her. As much as I hated putting her in it :lol: She went from a Zoozone 2 to a KIOS, the KIOS is still 70cm but I just love big cages :lol:

hey thanks

this was the biggest cage i could find i wish i had thought of a guinea pig cage that was a great idea, im very much the same i try and find the biggest cage for my pets that i possibly can........

hey thanks

this was the biggest cage i could find i wish i had thought of a guinea pig cage that was a great idea, im very much the same i try and find the biggest cage for my pets that i possibly can........

Phoebe (my dwarf) is in the zoozone 2 and for her, I couldn't go smaller, only bigger! She utilises all of the space and is always on the move, she has 2 wheels (6.5 inch flying saucer and 6.5inch silent spinner) which she loves changing her mind half way through running so swaps wheels :lol:

I love tank style cages, but the alexander is definitely my no.1 cage :) cost £60 off Zooplus at the time I bought it but the bar spacing is so small it's a great investment for all types of hamsters to live in :)

this is the thing about ours we can only fit a regular size wheel in it has 2 floors he does have space to run around but still i would like to go bigger he comes out every night for a run around so that he can really get some exercise and different scenery.

youv'e done a great job its so good to see ...

great price too for a cage that size!

looks lovely :)
My Mamble is 80 cm and I'd love bigger but I just have no space! Scarily the base of the mamble that I bought had a sticker on it saying 'rabbit cage'
How ridiculous.. 80 cm for a bunny!!?? :evil::evil::evil:
and what you said about your hammie only drinking from a bowl came true for mine too! Bear won't touch a bottle, little diva, so he has a bowl now haha

He is lovely. I am getting a hamster on monday (from a rescue - on rabbit rehome page). My cage only just fits the min requirements. Would love one like yours... I love the way you have set it up. Lucky Apollo. :wave:

Back