• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried have my buns got enough space, HELP!!

scarlett

Alpha Buck
Hope someone can tell me, if my 2 bunnies share a 7x5 foot shed with a 7x3.5 aviary attached, is that enough space for them without going in the garden for exercise? I usually let them in the garden too, but in the last few months both have been to vets twice with gut stasis, and i am concerned it could be a holly bush they may have been nibbling on, its not got berries on? I will get them a good run to attach to the aviary, but it may be a few weeks on order. my bunnies are minilops, thanks.

I couldn't say whether that's enough space or not, but how about blocking your holly bush off with puppy panels or something? That way they could still free range :D

now thats a good idea, why didnt i think of that? Have been panicking about Scarlett cos shes not eating again, thats my excuse:oops:

If you attach a good-sized run (which you say you are) they should be fine. After you block off the holly they can then free-range when you are able to supervise.

Thanks for replies, i dont think the holly bush has anything to do with Scarlett being poorly, she is in the vets having a dental done now, she had her first dental only 2 months ago:cry:

Back