• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urine spray.

tainay

Warren Scout
Popcorn and Jelly's neutering have been booked for 2nd May. I recently found that at least one of them spray pee and every morning I have to wipe the floor. I know this is normal as they are growing up and need to be neutered. Can I do anything to help them reducing the frequency of spraying? Thanks in advance.

Tainay xx

I take it they're both boys? Do you have any other buns or is it just them (thinking along the lines of other smells that might be encouraging them). Unfortunately I've never found anything to stop boys other than chopping their plums off. White vinegar is very good for removing urine stains though. :wave:

I take it they're both boys? Do you have any other buns or is it just them (thinking along the lines of other smells that might be encouraging them). Unfortunately I've never found anything to stop boys other than chopping their plums off. White vinegar is very good for removing urine stains though. :wave:

They are 1 boy and 1 girl living separately on a double-decker for now before they get neutered. They are only together if we hold them to have a cuddle, under strict supervision :lol:. I'm fostering my friend's lady bun, Tutu, while they are on holiday at the moment, that might be the problem??? I can't wait for their ops and want to see them playing together!

They are 1 boy and 1 girl living separately on a double-decker for now before they get neutered. They are only together if we hold them to have a cuddle, under strict supervision :lol:. I'm fostering my friend's lady bun, Tutu, while they are on holiday at the moment, that might be the problem??? I can't wait for their ops and want to see them playing together!

Even putting a male and female within smelling distance will send the spraying wild, with an unusual bun in the area it will get even worse, so I bet that's your problem! Please be aware that it takes only seconds for them to mate, so if one jumped to the other whilst you had them together for a cuddle she could become pregnant. I know it sounds far fetched but it honestly does happen! When are they due to be done? It's so lovely to see two bunnies snuggling together :love:

Even putting a male and female within smelling distance will send the spraying wild, with an unusual bun in the area it will get even worse, so I bet that's your problem! Please be aware that it takes only seconds for them to mate, so if one jumped to the other whilst you had them together for a cuddle she could become pregnant. I know it sounds far fetched but it honestly does happen! When are they due to be done? It's so lovely to see two bunnies snuggling together :love:

Wow I must keep my eyes on them 24/7 :lol::lol::lol: Their ops will be on 2nd May so not long to go. They are still young and the vet say beginning of May would be better than now, less risky. Ohhh I just can't wait to see their little faces to be together again :love:

Wow I must keep my eyes on them 24/7 :lol::lol::lol: Their ops will be on 2nd May so not long to go. They are still young and the vet say beginning of May would be better than now, less risky. Ohhh I just can't wait to see their little faces to be together again :love:

Or just don't hold them together so you don't risk it.

Back