• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Build your own hutch... help

meggy

New Kit
i'm looking to build my own hutch for my new rabbit she is currently indoors so wanting to build a better set up for her.
If anyone can give advise on building a hutch etc that would be great :)

Is she staying indoors? If so, is there a particular reason she needs a hutch? Have you looked at the indoor housing sticky in this section? There are some great ideas on there. Did you have anything particular in mind?

well she is indoors at the moment but hoping to move her out in nicer weather so thats why thought best to make a hutch instead of an indoor pen area. i did have a look at the indoor section but because i have cats i have to make sure its covered over and secure if i'm out just incase the worst happened. i was looking to make something big enough so she has plenty of room and add toys etc.

The minimum space for rabbits is a 6x2x2 hutch and attached 6ft x 4/6 or 8ft run :) hutch space is just as important as run space, but bigger is better! Would a wendy house or shed be easier? I have my pair in a 6x4 shed now because their 6ft hutch was too small for them! They have a smaller run area but it's still two 7x4 runs attached :)

It's all lino so hay and stray poos are just swept up into litter trays ready to be cleaned out :) makes every thing so much easier and I can go and interact with them a lot easier too.

Last edited:
Back