• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 weeks old and growing fast

CazandCo

Alpha Buck
Hiccup and Binky nomming

20130320_171705_zps11371b53.jpg

Amy and Rufus

20130320_073906_zps5b6a8812.jpg

Amy and Pancake

20130320_073900_zpsaf18293f.jpg

Hiccup and Binky again

20130320_171811_zpsf6cc21a1.jpg

Hi, I'm new to this site so not really sure how to use it so just tagging on to your post in the hope you can help me & my bunny sooty. He is a 10 wk old netherlands dwarf, cutest little thing. He was very much wanted by my daughter who is 9 (she has kept on for one for a year so finally gave in) I also have a son of 12, now he is the only one out of us who is confident at picking sooty up. My daughter and I will hold him and talk to him, I'm not sure what we are worried about!!! I did have a bunny when I was a child but that was over 20 yrs ago and since I have always been nervous around animals and although my daughter has been around friends guinea pigs & really wanted sooty, she seems the same! I think we are worried we might drop him as he seems to hop up us as we are holding him. Can he sense we are nervous? Should we keep eye contact all the time? He is a dear little thing and comes right up to the door when we are there talking to him and we stroke him in his run,whch is part of the hutch, it has a little gate, when I open it he pokes his head right out. Should I let him come on to me himself, rather than me lifting him out? I don't want to hurt him and his back legs go to and forth when I try and pick him up, my daughter and I are both cack-handed (left) so that doesn't help!! When my son scoops him up now he hardly moves and loves cuddles, we go in and see him every morning and evening and during the day my hubby is in & out as his business is from the garage where his hutch is at the moment due to weather and him not having a winter coat. I also take my four year old daughter in to see him during the day and we talk to him and stroke him. We haven't had him a week yet so he is very new to our family. I really want to bond with him and for him to like me as I am happy to look after him and be responsible for him as I know my children will loose the novelty although they love him I know he needs a lot of dedication, I need to be confident to fill in the gaps as I know bunnies can get lonely. i am hoping with time we will get to know each other and I won't worry that they can be un-predictable? Any help much appreciated

Back