• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two New Arrivals

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Today's Charity Shop find, they were £1.00 each. The Bear in the tartan dress had a hole in her head and her brains were falling out :shock: :cry:

But some emergency surgery rectified the problem and she is OK now :D

Rabbits1487.jpg

Rabbits1486.jpg

The shop receives a huge amount of donated toys and the Manageress lets me rummage through all of them before they are either put out for sale or sent to the Children's Charity Shop down the road xx

Thats so lovely of her. Still good prices for a charity shop too. The one up the road is very expensive, they are nearly asking normal retail prices for 2nd hand items. £40 something for a pair of boots is crazy.

Thats so lovely of her. Still good prices for a charity shop too. The one up the road is very expensive, they are nearly asking normal retail prices for 2nd hand items. £40 something for a pair of boots is crazy.

Nearly all the other Charity Shops around here are like that now. Also, the shops have all had major revamps in recent months. I want my money to go to those who need it, not towards a new carpet for the shop!!

The FARA Shop is the worst offender, the prices are ridiculous. The Charity Shop I buy from is always packed out and most mornings there is a queue of people waiting for the shop to open. The other shops are often empty............

Nearly all the other Charity Shops around here are like that now. Also, the shops have all had major revamps in recent months. I want my money to go to those who need it, not towards a new carpet for the shop!!

The FARA Shop is the worst offender, the prices are ridiculous. The Charity Shop I buy from is always packed out and most mornings there is a queue of people waiting for the shop to open. The other shops are often empty............

The charity shops in The Blue Mountains, not far from Sydney were great. One place my friend took me to had a monthly $1 for everything on a Saturday and had cheaper items outside. It was packed too.

I have gone past the Fara Shop in the car. I won't be going in there then. So many Charity shops look like normal shops now and you know they are going to be expensive.

The charity shops in The Blue Mountains, not far from Sydney were great. One place my friend took me to had a monthly $1 for everything on a Saturday and had cheaper items outside. It was packed too.

I have gone past the Fara Shop in the car. I won't be going in there then. So many Charity shops look like normal shops now and you know they are going to be expensive.

The only time you might get a bargain in FARA is on a Sunday morning. They seem to mark some of their goods down to half price then. But apart from that I wouldn't bother. I also always feel extremely scruffy when I go in there as the staff and the other clients are all of the 'Boutique Brigade' !! All designer labels and too much Chanel No 5 !! :lol:

Back